Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reg form for this one yet? Or have you all washed away down there?? :? :lol:

Not yet, Gary, just a bit busy at mo, but will get it done early september at latest.

Interesting weather, had same rainfall as last year in last 3 months! Definitely a bit damp, :thumbdown:

I havent been before but I think my 40 is in shape to do the trip from Norfolk now.
I haven't met anyone from the site other than Rodger and he ran away to Spain on us!

From the photos and videos I have seen it looks good

Does anyone know if dogs are welcome on the farm and camping or best to leave at home?

I will keep an eye out for the entry forms-- I went to the site and had a look last night

bsmith123 said:
I havent been before but I think my 40 is in shape to do the trip from Norfolk now.
I haven't met anyone from the site other than Rodger and he ran away to Spain on us!

From the photos and videos I have seen it looks good

Does anyone know if dogs are welcome on the farm and camping or best to leave at home?

I will keep an eye out for the entry forms-- I went to the site and had a look last night

Dogs are fine as far as i know.Poppy (my pouch) always shows up for the bits of food she can find :lol:

Its a great weekend :thumbup:

There are dogs on the farm and we've taken ours as have others so I think well behaved dogs are welcome.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any update, Tony? Are you involved in course-building for the Olympics equestrian events??

Actually I thought I saw him the other day on the sidelines - seriously
Tall. Hat. Sunglasses. Yep sounds like TonyS

Chris said:
Actually I thought I saw him the other day on the sidelines - seriously
Tall. Hat. Sunglasses. Yep sounds like TonyS

Yep, I was there. I was part of the team who put the cross country course together, and yes, was on tv, lots. Had heaps of texts, 6 from Australia too, saying they saw me.

Moving upto Blair castle, scotland, tomorrow first thing, for a manic two weeks!! Roll on September, need sleep!

Well done, Tony - hope it was fun!!

Remember - you're more than welcome to stop off with us on the way up or down, and tell if you need anything. May pop up there on the weekend to say hello!!

Sounds fun. Mind if I come along? Anything I should know (apart from a beer fridge and bacon butties?)

Thanks, Gary,

It's gonna be a bit manic, going up a day early as the main course builder quit in the week as there was too much to do, and he hadn't started. So there are three of us going to make the event happen!!

Be good to see you up there, we will be it done! There is a good country fair and shopping too!

Cheers,

Just managed to get Sat off so l'll be down fri night riding shot gun with Chris, be good to meet up again !

Yeah Pete l'll be inspecting it for impurities n god help you if you if it's damaged goods !!! Lol

Just giving this thread a gentle nudge to keep it simmering. A while to go yet I know, but have we any ideas on an outline for this gathering? I for one appreciate the effort that goes into making it fun for all of us and how reliant we are on people's generosity wrt time and grey cells. There was a suggestion that we might be 'open' Friday to Monday this time. I have stuck jollydays in just in case. Sitting around chewing the fat, taking the p*** and pootling would suit me just fine. Combine that with some road kill bbq and I'd be in heaven. Might just have some new accommodation sorted for then, so a longer weekend would be luxury.

I still think that some demos would be a nice thing. Personally I'd be prepared to pull a front axle shaft out of my 80 and have people laugh at the way I do it. But there are other vehicles aside from that. Could we arrange something? Are there common things that those coming would like to see? No point pulling my axle to bits if everyone is happy doing theirs now.
Something to do with brake calipers? Wheel bearings, electrical stuff, diffs?

Just concious that we need to put back into these weekends what we take out. If there are games aplenty then we're sorted but we have time to plan something and make it work.

Let's not leave it all to the last minute. No, I can't bring my lathe. Welding basics with a stick would be very easy to sort though. Couple of buzz boxes and some steel wouldn't be difficult.

Chris

Fingers crossed I have my new 100 by then, I could bring all the fluids, filters required to do an overhaul along with a front and rear bumper, winch, bash plates, new 3 way washer jets, batteries and dual battery system, inverter, uprated front and rear bulbs and full OME suspension and torsion bars along with the one tool box i have and we could fit it all???

Now that would be fun but maybe not what everyone had in mind I guess.

It would make a change working on someone elses truck rarther than one of my own down there warren :lol:

Looking forward to it.

So I'll be in Chicago for lincomb :oops:
I sort of forgot when I booked the flights... :whistle: :whistle:

As some of you know TonyS, who owns Lincomb, is involved with the horse stuff at the Olympics. He is a bit busy at the moment.

There are some loose plans in place but nothing concrete.

What do people want to do?

1) The normal arrangement of games, punches and pootling
2) 1 plus a couple of workshop demos
3) Pootling and workshop demos
4) Something else

What is the best way, a poll?

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back