Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris said:
As long as it's dead or very nearly and tasty, I don't care how you cook it. Vegetarians couldn't keep me away from the meet up, so count me in as always.

Chris
vegetarian-is-an-old-indian-word-for-bad-hunter.jpg

Just to elaborate:

The Explorer Scout group I lead are fund raising for a trip to Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp. Its a once in a lifetime experience and the more money we raise the more kids can afford to go. All proceeds for the catering will go towards these kids going on the trip and we will also be visiting some of the local schools and doing small charity projects whist we are there.

The aim is to offer a full hog roast on a spit on the Saturday eve. Price should be £10per head and include jacket potato and the usual salad type stuff as well as the pork, apple sauce, stuffing and bap.

We would also like to offer breakfasts on the Saturday and Sunday mornings which would be bacon/egg/sausage baps etc, full english (full monty) breakfasts, tea and coffee. Prices would be less than your average road side cafe/burger van.

Id like to know interest for the breakfasts to see if it would be financially viable, we could maybe do an evening meal on Friday too if anyone is interested?

At the end of the day the final choice is down to Tony and his team, I dont want to take anything away from them as they run these fantastic events and I wouldnt want to spoil it. We just want some feed back from you guys to hear what you think. Dont worry about offending anyone if you think its a bad idea, Im pretty thick skinned and Id rather know than end up stepping on anyone's toes. :shifty:

Chris said:
Vegetarians couldn't keep me away from the meet up, so count me in as always.

Chris
If we shouldn't eat animals, why are they made of meat :confusion-confused:

Sounds good to me. I think Tony might quite fancy a break from the hassle of cooking for us lot!

Maybe start a poll on this one?

Sat only.
Friday and Sat
Friday Sat and breakfasts etc.

Tony, my original nudge on this thread was about format really. You did mention extending the weekend. Is this a goer? Not necessarily full games etc, but for chilling and swigging? As in a mini break.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm a vegetarian - as follows:

I eat beef. Beeves eat grass. Thus I eat grass. Ergo, I am a vegetarian :lol:

I'll take dinner and brekkie thanks

:lol:
Gary Stockton said:
I'm a vegetarian - as follows:

I eat beef. Beeves eat grass. Thus I eat grass. Ergo, I am a vegetarian :lol:

I'll take dinner and brekkie thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi guys,

Ok, sorry for delay, but booking form is now ready at www.4x4x7.co.uk.

The pig roast and all food Will be supplied by Dave, model maker, (this isn't included in the entry fee), and this can be paid for over the weekend.

See you soon,

Cheers,

:thumbup:

See that we are up to 33 drivers and crew judging by the food poll. Not everyone may have voted of course, but that's a respectable turn out so far nonetheless.

Only a month to go!

Chris

The first post is being updated with a list of people registered as usual :thumbup:

EDIT and the link to the form is in the first post as well :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
The first post is being updated with a list of people registered as usual :thumbup:

Could you link to the catering poll too please :thumbup:

ModelMakerMan said:
Jon Wildsmith said:

Could you link to the catering poll too please :thumbup:

Done :thumbup:

My cheques in the post :D :thumbup:

I'll be bringing Roberts younger brother along with me this year, Daniel. Now that he's four it's time for his right of passage to the world of off-roading with camping. He's been on a couple of short, local Green Lane excursions with me and Robert and has a definite interest, so fingers crossed he'll have a great weekend. Robert, who is now six will also be coming along to show him the ropes :think: :think: Hope that there's enough room in the tent for the three of us :shifty: Must remember to pack extra alcohol :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :thumbup:

Gav Peter said:
sae70 said:
Must remember to pack extra alcohol :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :thumbup:
The kids won't drink that much will they Steve?? :lol:
No, I hope not :!: But I've got a feeling that I will :) ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:

I think the wrong link is one the 1st page Jon - goes to May event?

EDIT: Ooops - I think it's me with old cookies on my system ..... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back