Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ 70 on ebay and general advice.

dave-soliton

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this.

Does anyone know why this LJ70 item number 271181826240 on ebay

looks different to the one in the LJ70 build thread! - ( I love this post)

Sorry, I'm too new to post links yet.

What are the differences?

Does anyone have any buying advice for buying an LJ70?

What are the main differences (except for size) between an LJ70 and an 80 series? (the mrs won't give me the cash for an 80 series !!!!!)

Are they good off road? Are they nice to drive? What is their towing capacity? Are the parts expensive? And any other comments.

Cheers, Dave.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271181826...=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=271181826240&_rdc=1Welcome

Welcome to the club Dave. :thumbup:

I'm guessing its on ebay as the owner wants to sell it! :icon-confused:

Sorry couldnt resist! :lol:

The reason it looks different to mine is that one is a pre face lift model.It has different front end (wings, grill and lights), and a slightly different suspension setup. It also has a slightly different engine to the later 2.4 LJ70.If you can find a KZJ70 (3litre version) then that would be a better truck to own/drive. The 3litre makes it much more enjoyable to drive. :icon-biggrin:
80's are great trucks and much more suited to big overland trips, than these little 70's. 80's have much bigger engines and UK models come with locking diffs front and rear, where as UK model LJ70 and KZJ70's only got LSD's.Obviously 70's are much smaller and lighter than 80's.There all good off road, the 70's are smaller and lighter and easier to turn in tight spots.
The 80's are much bigger and heavier, but flex a lot better as standard and have got locking diffs.80's are nicer to drive on the road and will tow 3.5 tonnes, which is a lot more than a 70.

New parts arnt cheap, but one of our members (Karl) always has lots of used parts for sale. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back