Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

lj70 2.4 clutch

tilly1

hi guys need a little help , went green laning today holmfirth , half way thro the day i was struggling to change gears ive had the clutch replaced a couple of years ago genuine toyota , so came home tryed to bleed clutch all seemed fine also adjusted clutch pedal , did seem a little better but still not right ,all fluids are changed etc , any ideas please ,

How muddy was it? Did you get bogged?

Just thinking maybe the bell housing could have got full of mud and maybe mud or even small stones have got between the friction plates. :think:

lj clutch

How muddy was it? Did you get bogged?

Just thinking maybe the bell housing could have got full of mud and maybe mud or even small stones have got between the friction plates. :think:
cheers for your thoughts ben , but it was a dry ish day more rock crawling than mud , on the drive home some 50 odd miles it did seem to get a little better , as i said soon as i got home bled the clutch and adjusted the clutch pedal and it does feel better but still not right , had a genuine yota clutch fitted a couple of years back and about 6k miles since then , the clutch doesnt slip at all :icon-cry:

Your welcome, sorry I cant be of more help. :icon-biggrin:

I had a look in this FSM:

P4270004600x450_zps43e9549b.jpg

And found this:

P4270005600x450_zps81dbb4a0.jpg

Hope not, it really isnt a pleasant job! :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Surely if it was either of the cylinders you wouldn't have been able to bleed them and get a firm pedal. :think:

Also whenever I've had a cylinder fail its leaked. :icon-smile:

clutch

Surely if it was either of the cylinders you wouldn't have been able to bleed them and get a firm pedal. :think:

Also whenever I've had a cylinder fail its leaked. :icon-smile:
well strange , just got in this morning to wash her off from yesterday and the gears seem as smooth as ever so took it for a bit of a run up to temp and still seems ok , got to be a heat thing as i was giving the old girl a bit of pain in low box , will have to check a bit further as a dont believe in it fixed itself although she is special lol :pray:

I think I'd be dropping the oil in both boxes if you suspect it could be a gearbox/transfercase issue!

Id be looking for any swarf on the drain plug and any mud/water in the oil. :think:

Piece of piss remove gear surround gearstick comes out like a bayonet light bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's the gear lever seat and the bush that goes on the end of the gear stick. In my case it resulted in crunchy gear changes when I could eventually select a gear also it kept popping out of gear.

so do i need both parts ie gear lever seat and the bush for end of gear stick or just the seat , cheers , off to toyota soon

Yeah to be on the safe side I would. £15 quid tops and I put a post on here somewhere with the part numbers.

clutch

:icon-biggrin: well removed old seat bush didnt look too bad fitted new parts , changes lovely now time will tell many thanks to ben and the yorkshire devil :clap:

Back