Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 and LJ78 parts compatibility.

wobbly

Garage
I have a 93 LJ78.

I def need the o/s/r light cluster, not just the cover but the whole thing, plus I need the osr chrome bumper section.

Would the LJ70 parts be interchangeable?

As mine is a jap import I need the light cluster that sits in the rear wing, not in the bemper as per UK model.

Cheers

Pete

ive never seen a UK model LJ78 so i presume there all imports.

i also read some where that LJ78 rear lights dont fit LJ70's as some one tried this as a way of obtaining the lights that go in the rear quarters. had to get mine from OZ, although there are places in Europe selling them.

as for the bumper, im pretty sure the LJ78 bumper corners are differnet to the LJ70, because the rear over hang is bigger on an LJ78. also ive never seen a UK model LJ70 with chrome bumper corners, they seem to all be black plastic.

from what ive seen its mainly imports that are/were covered in chrome tat, more than UK models. :thumbup:

Thanks Ben.

Sods law, loads of 70's being broken, naff all 78's!

Cheers

Pete

i do know of one scrap yard that had, and i think still has a 78.

i had the axles from it a few months ago.

if your interested i can PM you there details. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just spoken to them, crushed and gone :thumbdown:

Thanks anyway.

Pete

Have ordered the light cluster from Toyota, who have them in stock in Japan!

Actually cheaper to buy new than the from the one I found being broken up.

2 week delivery time, so should be back ont he road soon hopefully.

Pete

:clap:

are you getting the body work repaired aswel? :)

Hi

No, I'm going to fit the light cluster and get it re-mot'd and VIC checked, then decide whether to sell it as a Cat C vehicle, or just run it for this winter as I intended, then sell it next year.

The damage doesnt actually look too bad - once the light and bumper are back on it wont be that noticeable - a competent panel beater with access to a jig could get it spot on again.

020-1.jpg

Pete

I doubt, that will be Cat C, Cat D at the most, and if you talk to the insurance company making sure that they pay out a claim as a payment plus vehicle for self repair, it will not even be Cat D

Nah, tried already - the assessor is adamant it is a C - it does look better than it is, the floor pan has a buckle, and the lower rear wing is nicely creased - but I also think that as they are making a full payout on the truck they will Cat C it as a matter of principle.

Tbh I dont care about the Cat C - its got to be mot'd anyway for the insurance and also my own peace of mind, the Vic check is a formality - its an identity check, and as its only a light cluster, bought from Toyota I'm not panicking.

Just be glad to have it back on the road, but not the bit outside the house.....

Pete

Back