Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Oh, Steven, I can see that's going to hurt.

Gra.

Whilst lining up to have a knock at Mike, can I point out that in relation to the tree uprooting that Mike is critical of, Trevor says that lessons have been learnt and it will be done differently - sounds to me like Mike isnt a millionmiles out bearing in mind Trevors thoughts....

Is there an explanation as to how you fell over, Ben? I am looking at a photo of a track, with a raised bank, and a drop which is occupied by your 90, but cant see how it happened. Trev says it was a genuine accident - does this mean driver error :whistle:

I dont agree with the manner of Mikes comments, and I can see that some are upset by it, but there are bits in there that need some consideration - I see, for instance, that number plates are now obscured following his comments.

It may help if photos of toppled over vehicles etc are accompanied by an explanation, saves the imagination running riot.

Regards

Pete

I wasnt going to open my mouth but as per usual i will do.

As a large group of very different people we all have are own different views on alot of things. Mike has spoken out and given his views.I am in no position to agree or disagree with what mike is saying.

We can all be quick to put are views across without thinking what we have done in the past and will do in the future. We can all fall out about photos we have seen or videos we have seen with different forum members involed.

I wasnt there on the sat so i can only speak for the sunday. We had a good day and the river crossing mentioned i would have dont it in my audi.Well not quite. If you did a trip with some of these members you talk about mike you would see that they are all a good bunch of lads. I personally wouldnt go on the trips if it was a load of mindless morons thrashing around.

Ben had said that it was a split second of lost concentration. I know personally that it can happen every time i go out in a car,truck or on my bike.

I was on the end of a discusion like this last year and i didnt like it. Peoples views on the pics they see is far from how it is alot of the time.

Think its always a shame when this type of things happen between are own members.

I would just like to say that this is the first time ive heard of a lanning trip that could have gone very wrong.

where do i start with this?

First, good that no one was hurt in the roll, very lucky.

Next, lets just have a look at the utter stupidity involved in this little trip.

1), not keeping to the main track
2) pulling trees out of the ground
3) driving lanes in the dark
4) cutting down trees
5) driving through deep fast flowing water when you have no idea of the depth

and last - moderators not passing comment or removing images.

We wonder why there is such a huge movement to close lanes. Is it any wonder when reading about the utterly moronic behaviour exhibited by the likes of the people on this outing? Who thought it was a good idea to post pictures of this idiocy? Or do it in the first place? Have you any idea what will happen if the antis get hold of these images? I mean really? This just shows a bunch of utterly irresponsible, selfish people leaving a trail of damage. And before anyone questions the manner in which i write this, you should know that your numberplates are visible in a number of the shots. You are open to criminal damage charges if the wrong people see this. Did you even consider that? I strongly suggest that this whole thread is removed pronto, and those involved have a good think about exactly what went on here on what you would do in future. I can't believe that no one has made any negative comment about this, i'm just baffled and horrified.

I'm not any kind of killjoy, far from it, but i want to use the lanes in the future, and all this behaviour does is jeopordise all our uses of them. Where is the respect for the environment? Your own well being? Just amazed by the stupidity of this.

well said mike

this is just another nail in the coffin for green laners. with ammunition like these pics it willnt be long before they is no green lanes left. i am a member on this forum but cannt sign in for some reason. i was told about this and these pic form a landy owner.

it only takes one dick head to to spoil it for every one else

Last edited:
Im not a big fan of anonymous posts, if you can't sign in for some reason then nothing to stop you using your normal forum name....

Mikes comments may not be to everyones taste, but he at least had the strength of his convictions and used his own identity.

Regards

Pete

Where do I start with this?

First, good that no one was hurt in the roll, very lucky.

Next, lets just have a look at the utter stupidity involved in this little trip.

1), not keeping to the main track
2) pulling trees out of the ground
3) driving lanes in the dark
4) cutting down trees
5) driving through deep fast flowing water when you have no idea of the depth

and last - moderators not passing comment or removing images.

We wonder why there is such a huge movement to close lanes. Is it any wonder when reading about the utterly moronic behaviour exhibited by the likes of the people on this outing? Who thought it was a good idea to post pictures of this idiocy? Or do it in the first place? Have you any idea what will happen if the antis get hold of these images? I mean really? This just shows a bunch of utterly irresponsible, selfish people leaving a trail of damage. And before anyone questions the manner in which I write this, you should know that your numberplates are visible in a number of the shots. You are open to criminal damage charges if the wrong people see this. Did you even consider that? I strongly suggest that this whole thread is removed pronto, and those involved have a good think about exactly what went on here on what you would do in future. I can't believe that no one has made any negative comment about this, I'm just baffled and horrified.

I'm not any kind of killjoy, far from it, but I want to use the lanes in the future, and all this behaviour does is jeopordise all our uses of them. Where is the respect for the environment? Your own well being? Just amazed by the stupidity of this.

Well said Mike. It seems to me that if you don't have 10000 posts against your name everyone gangs up against you if you speak out.

I agree with you and person(s) kicking the arse out of the countryside & causing damage then cataloguing it a PUBLIC forum can only be described as a numb, very numb. This person(s) could leave themselves open to prosecution from the Forestry Comissionand maybe spoil it for the rest of us genuine green laners who enjoy a nice drive out on a lane now and again.

A car dosn't just jump off the track and roll over. someone caused it to happen and their actions could have consequences... fine and lanes closed could be a possibility.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pete go back to page 88 for the full trip report. Im guessing youve seen Stevens pics, but havnt gone back far enough for my pics.

:thumbup:

well said mike

this is just another nail in the coffin for green laners. with ammunition like these pics it willnt be long before they is no green lanes left. i am a member on this forum but cannt sign in for some reason. i was told about this and these pic form a landy owner.

it only takes one dick head to to spoil it for every one else

That you Roger? :icon-rolleyes:

no one tickles my balls, I have nothing to hide. I come on here to get info on my kzj. my other name is "thunder truck" not that that matters

my point is i was told by a landy owner who looked on the site after some one told him and him and him its all good ammunition to have lanes closed :clap:

Last edited:
........and I see that you have now blanked out your numberplates, so at least that's one thing which may go some way to protecting yourselves if this thread does get in the hands of those who look to remove us from the lanes..........

I see, for instance, that number plates are now obscured following his comments...............

What is this blanking out and obscuring of number plates thing that you pair of fools keep going on about?!!!

Its the inaccurate things that you two are saying that's making this all start to look very suspicious and the fact is that the photos all with blanked out number plates are my photos and they have always been blanked out from the day that I up loaded them to my Photobucket account!!!! None of my photos (the ones with the blanked out number plates) have ever appeared on this thread or on the internet for that matter with any of the number plates visible!!! I don't blank out our number plates because of anything that I'm trying to hide with regards to my or others activity as I'm sure that if anyone in authority wanted to get in touch with any members of this forum they'd just contact the admin team and I would expect them to give up my details should the correct procedure be followed by those wanting my details. I blank out the number plates as its all to easy these days for those with less than good intention to use this information for crime. I've no idea how you think I had enough time between your first post and your second post Mike to blank out the plates on nearly 170 photos?!!!! This is something that I did over three or four days a little each day till they were all done. In truth it probably took me two or three hours over these days to do!!! Its this inaccurate reporting of the facts by yourselves that is causing the biggest issue here!

Just in case anyone in authority would like to have a chat with me here's a photo of my truck without the number plate blanked out :icon-biggrin:

IMG_2100.jpg

I really have nothing to hide or anything that I'm ashamed of having done over this great weekend away in Wales :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

Oh and Mike, please get your facts correct before posting a reply, you wouldn't want to look silly again would you :whistle:

Bump..

mmmmm...........i do think that it's a shame when we have this type of bickering between ourselves that in my opinion only serves to strengthen the position of the red sock community far more so than few miss interpreted photos and comments. They say a photo says a thousand words and they may well do so, but not all of those words are accurate without the knowledge of what preceded that captured moment.

For example reading your comment here mike http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/44102-lake-district-green-lane-issue

...............just used the front because my rear locker is knackered and Karl hasn't found me a used one yet :lol:

I had to give it some gas to get up, and it was a bit bouncy. Next day in Yorkshire I went up the first lane and the steering went a little odd :cool: :lol:

Turns out that one of the studs from the swivel housing base had fallen out, and the other had sheared, so oil all over, day over. I suspect I sheared the stud on stile end actually, and the other just vibrated out the next day.

That rock stp by the gate is definitely harder as well, the base is all washed out. Also the bit we're talking about above is mauch harder this year. Last year my 80 just walked up it with no drama.....................................

hardly reads in a tread lightly manner does it?! Could i ask what you did about the axle oil that you spilt into the environment? Do you think that this spillage would have happened if you were perhaps a little more prepared for the trip in term of maintaining your vehicle or if perhaps you had not had such a give it some beans gun hoe approach to the situation due to your vehicle not having a rear locker?! Actually i'm not really interested in your answer i'm sure you did what you felt was appropriate at the time and whom am i to comment as i wasn't there :icon-smile: :icon-wink:

I couldn't help noticing that you have an interest in motorbikes also :icon-biggrin: Me to i've been a biker for many years and so found this video of yours very interesting :icon-smile:

http://vimeo.com/53261952

i was surprised how fast you were travelling along at considering how many other potential users there could be on the lane!! Just my opinion though :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink: Then at 45 seconds in, when the lead biker leaves the trail and comes off his bike!! Why was that do think :think: Mechanicle failiure, excessive speed, lack of ability, who knows :icon-smile: I was surprised that the chap on the camera bike just laughed at his situation instead of getting off to see if he was ok and help him up with his bike as he was clearly shook up and in some pain. Again in my opinion he should have stopped and had a brew at least some time out to recover maybe.

I was also surprised by the speed that the chap in the landrover in this video of yours took off up the snow covered lane with what looks to me to be about 8/10 meters of strop flailing around behind the vehicle!!! Really very dangerous and irresponsible in my opinion!!!

http://vimeo.com/8420621

there's also this chap chucking his vehicle up this snow covered lane giving it the beans as you say looking to me to be lucky to be keeping it it in a straight line considering the conditions. This could have easily turned into quite a seriouse accident at any moment in my opinion :icon-smile: :icon-wink:

http://vimeo.com/36416843

all of this is just my opinion of course, if i'd been there myself i'm sure i'd be viewing all of these situations in a different way :whistle: :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Well this is one of the reasons why (sadly) I'm not planning to come back to Britain.

It's becoming (or become) a land of stepfords, everything neat and tidy and well behaved, can't have a smoke, can't do this and can't do that. I was a keen mountain biker until my favourite tracks across open mountain suddenly got a sign up banning mountain bikers. Couldn't believe it, I had never even seen another bike on that Preseli route in the 5 years that I rode it...

So Ben gets derision for making a mistake. He injured a tree and they all, all mind you, trod on the grass. Hooligans, one and all! AND I saw one of them smoking! The tree grew naturally, nobody planted it. It will grow naturally again. Ben didn't go on a tree injuring mission. Have an accident and close the lane? What an idiot thing to say? Close the M6 if you want, 300 are killed on it every year.

I don't blame Mike 54 or whatever his member name is for worrying that his nanny state dictators will take away his lanes, he should be worried because one day, unless it's asphalted, cars won't be allowed anywhere.

Polluting the environment? I suppose the millions of cars on the road don't leak any oil, and don't cause any pollution? Do you blank all their number plates so that Big Brother won't arrest them? Never heard such nonsense. Sure changing your oil on the side of the road with no container would be totally irresponsible, but oil loss is inevitable if you have a car.

Ben has proved himself a good guy, his behaviour and his trip was well planned and well executed. Something went wrong and he dealt with it in a planned and organised way.

One last thing, having to censor photos on a public forum to avoid being arrested by the stepford police, what a namby pamby bunch of Brits we seem to have become. Who's running Britain now? Hitler? Ceausescu? Stalin?

Please get real guys, before it really is too late.

Last edited:
Does this mean that no one is allowed to make mistakes any more ??? .. well thats gonna put a downer on every single person on the plannet then .... cos we ALL make mistakes ... it's part of that thing called life ....

So what if Ben made a mistake ... jeez ffs guys ... get a life for christs sake ...

Does this mean that no one is allowed to make mistakes any more ??? .. well thats gonna put a downer on every single person on the plannet then .... cos we ALL make mistakes ... it's part of that thing called life ....

So what if Ben made a mistake ... jeez ffs guys ... get a life for christs sake ...

:clap:

So Sae, you trawled through my posts to find something which you could use to have a pop at me, and that's the best you can do? (That's rhetorical by the way).

I stand by what I said and the manner in which I said it. You people (on that trip) have no business being out using lanes if you're going to behave in that manner. You may disagree with the strength of my comments, and evidently it's polarised the forum somewhat, I just hope that next time you go out you act accordingly and show some respect for the environment. The 4x4 community does not need images like these to be plastered over the internet, and if you don't recognise that, then you're even bigger clowns than I thought.

Guys can we please keep this civil without the need for any insults or name calling.

Green Lanes

So Sae, you trawled through my posts to find something which you could use to have a pop at me, and that's the best you can do? (That's rhetorical by the way).

I stand by what I said and the manner in which I said it. You people (on that trip) have no business being out using lanes if you're going to behave in that manner. You may disagree with the strength of my comments, and evidently it's polarised the forum somewhat, I just hope that next time you go out you act accordingly and show some respect for the environment. The 4x4 community does not need images like these to be plastered over the internet, and if you don't recognise that, then you're even bigger clowns than I thought.

I agree Mike, its not good PR for the 4x4 community when people brag on forum about kicking the arse out of our countryside. Some people just dont get it.

Last edited:
Its a good job for both of us that I'm educated and understand what rhetorical means or you may have had me over a barrel there Mike :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink:

I'm sure that we've all learnt a few lessons here Mike, yourself included I hope :icon-biggrin:

I agree Mike, its not good PR for the 4x4 community when people brag on forum about kicking the arse out of our countryside. Some people just dont get it.
I've not seen anywhere in this thread that any one is bragging about kicking the arse out of the countryside :think: Just in case I've missed it I think it appropriate that you steer the forum moderators toward it so that they can delete this seriously inappropriate comment that you've found :icon-exclaim: Thanks for bringing it to our attention, as you say this kind of comment is not how any of us would wish to be portrayed.

Oh and Mike my name is Steven, Sae (sae70) is just my user name :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Ben,

Thanks for the pointer, two sets of photos by two different people, all makes sense now.

So, driver error :oops: all been there.

Steven,

My error, didnt get the two sets of photos bit, can see now that the first set are still visible, yours arent.

Thundertruck,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards all

Pete

Its a good job for both of us that I'm educated and understand what rhetorical means or you may have had me over a barrel there Mike :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink:

I'm sure that we've all learnt a few lessons here Mike, yourself included I hope :icon-biggrin:

I've not seen anywhere in this thread that any one is bragging about kicking the arse out of the countryside :think: Just in case I've missed it I think it appropriate that you steer the forum moderators toward it so that they can delete this seriously inappropriate comment that you've found :icon-exclaim: Thanks for bringing it to our attention, as you say this kind of comment is not how any of us would wish to be portrayed.

Oh and Mike my name is Steven, Sae (sae70) is just my user name :icon-biggrin:

Look Steven, dont get clever about bragging, an outsider looking in would look at the pictures and the only assumption would be to quote ben "WTF" have they been up to rip the countryside to shit and then bang the pictures on a public forum. It gives all the ammuinution to the powers that be to close the green lanes down.
Someone that day was arsing around and its not wise to brag about it becuase it spoil it for the rest of us let it lie at this.

Last edited:
Yorkshire Devil Where has the countryside been torn up?

Granted where I lost control and came off the lane was temporarily damaged, but within a few weeks the grass will have regrown.

That would have been no different from me loosing control on a normal tarmac country road. :?

Ultimately all the guys who were on the trip know weve done nothing wrong, and judging by the response from all but 3 people on this forum everyone else knows the same. :think:

This thread has had 1858 posts made and 122,252 views and counting, I guess it was only a matter of time until some one took offence, especially with the thousands of pics on this thread. Last rough count, I was getting on for 3000 pics. :icon-cool:

Has everyone almost finished airing there views so I can get on with updating my build thread? :lol:

Ive been very busy and have got lots more pics to upload! :dance:

Last edited:
Back