Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long range tank for 80

Still need a dual filler and the pipework moggy unless your handy with a welder.
Karl, I think my one has an overflow from the main tank, or perhaps it's an overflow from secondary to main, either way it only needs the one filler pipe and it fills quickly just like filling the one tank.

My long ranger 170 tank is filled via a dual toyota filler with the pull up lever to divert to either The standard tank or the long range one.
No probs with the filling of either at all.

I have a small electric facet type pump on the outlet of the l/r tank ( switched from the dash) that pumps through a racor filter into the standard tank.
When I see the fuel gauge on dash dropping I just flick the switch & fill the front tank from the rear one, quite gratifying when driving to see the fuel gauge rise!
I generally put fuel into the rear tank & keep the front one quite full as this then goes through the filter before going into the normal front tank, good if the fuels may be a bit dodgy! Surprising how much crap is collected in the racor filter using this method.
I’ve also got a valve off t connection on the outlet of the rear tank that can then dispense fuel by gravity into a can or something& poured directly into the front tank if necessary, but I’ve only ever used this in reality to fill a new engine fuel filter when I change it to save a load of priming, quite handy from that point of view.
Andy
That would certainly have advantages, it would get around the problem I have of it taking so long to fill the aux tank, although it does add a little more complexity. I'm liking the way you've covered the potential for a pump failure by having a manual system if needed.

Karl, I think my one has an overflow from the main tank, or perhaps it's an overflow from secondary to main, either way it only needs the one filler pipe and it fills quickly just like filling the one tank.
The beauty of my system is no need for a separate fuel gauge or transfer pump, the existing gauge reads full and when it starts to drop you know the LRT is now empty.

I remember you mentioning it before now chas. Yes it solves a problem and cost but having the two seperate tanks can be handy if one gets damaged. Fors and againsts like everytjing

I remember you mentioning it before now chas. Yes it solves a problem and cost but having the two seperate tanks can be handy if one gets damaged. Fors and againsts like everytjing
My LRT being higher is not likely to suffer any damage though. The only drawback I can see is if you are in a third world country where contaminated fuel is a possibility you wold have to filter before filling.

That does concern me a bit with mine, especially with it hanging low. If I hole it, I'm losing the lot from both tanks on the ground, which is why I went for the bash plate, driving without it made me nervous as hell!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Boris has the twin tank 160L.
As two seperate systems i think it works well.
Theres a chance of the soleniods failing though so thats a negative point.

Mine is also fairly tucked up out of the way but like the main tank it could get damaged.

Didn't realise there were so many options here.

Have to say having seem more photos, the 160 LongRanger tanks do seem to appear to hang low.

Hopefully this year I am getting my 80 converted to a poptop camper (similar to a Maltec) so the fillers will be custom made.

A 120L option would be a lot better.... do they exist?

Didn't realise there were so many options here.

Have to say having seem more photos, the 160 LongRanger tanks do seem to appear to hang low.

Hopefully this year I am getting my 80 converted to a poptop camper (similar to a Maltec) so the fillers will be custom made.

A 120L option would be a lot better.... do they exist?

Made my own here and going to fit it back soon with a better OEM duel filler neck, solenoid & dash switch in the next couple of months. Around 130 litres and doesn't drop down too much.

Excuse the poor picture.

IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0103.jpg

I am getting my 80 converted to a poptop camper (similar to a Maltec) so the fillers will be custom made.
Be interested in that journey as considering the same in the future

I have a long range tank in mine made by Brown Davis, an Australian company, it replaces the factory aux tank and combined with the factory main tank gives me around 270L capacity. The Diesel tanks run and fill separately, its the petrol versions that have the transfer pump. I have heard that the 90 L tank out of a Prado can be used to replace the factory 45 L sub tank, but haven't done it myself, it would be a cheaper option tho

I have the pipework with teim filler paul and the soleniods.
@stan should have a long range tank in stock.

I have a second hand long range tank but i need to collect it from a guy that was going to make me a few.

I know this post is ancient history but iIm on the hunt for a dual filler neck at the moment.

Hi
I'm selling the 80 series dual filler necks.

The neck is without unleaded gas restrictor and can be used with diesel and petrol tanks.

This filler neck can be used when adding an auxiliary fuel tank to Land Cruiser 80 Series cars.
I used one of these necks on my FJ Cruiser, with a Front Runner auxiliary tank. I'm pretty sure that you can make it fit Land Cruiser models as well, not just the 80 Series.

These dual filler necks are not sold by Toyota as complete assembly. They have to be assembled from various original Toyota parts.

This neck was assembled from original Toyota parts, except for 1 lever & 1 bracket, which went out of production and are no longer available.

Price: €475/$580, incl. shipping costs. Shipping from Germany (DHL) or Switzerland (Swiss Post).

No warranty, no returns.

This item can be shipped from Switzerland or Germany.
Buyers have to pay import duties/taxes in their respective countries of residence.
I will not declare false customs values, and I will also not declare this item as gift.

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_193217.jpg
    IMG_20210614_193217.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210614_193236.jpg
    IMG_20210614_193236.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210614_193259.jpg
    IMG_20210614_193259.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210614_193307.jpg
    IMG_20210614_193307.jpg