Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

look at this its great

Terrific, also looks like great build quality.....

Thanks for posting Stu that's exactly what i've been looking for and more , i'm off to see a trailer today which i hope to turn into a not so sophisticated version of the same - if only i had the skills to copy it :icon-sad:

Last edited:
That's one of the best thought out and engineered camper's I've seen. Not cheap at £29k, plus shipping costs no doubt but quality costs.

Just be careful on weight i work for an insurance company and we have written 2 BT50's and a ranger that have got half way up the telegraph track and come home on a tow truck with a snapped chassis. Be sure to strengthen the chassis to cope with the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the idea of what they have done would be great on a trailer and make it to lift on and off. Lots of work and thought have gone into this. Lots of money though.
Stu

That's nuts. Now I know what the do with the TARDIS in between series. Some great ideas in there worth stealing too. For when my trailer arrives.

So £9500?? Thats an awful lot of nights in hotel rooms in the sort of places I go. A decent hotel bed outside of the hell hole that is Western Europe, major cities and major tourist attraction type places is going to run you about 40 bucks a night maximum. Do the math, 9500/40 is well over 200 nights without having to drag that behind you, which would never make it to anywhere remote or interesting anyway.....

You maybe missing the point here Yogi. You could drive from here all the way to Sydney in a Ford Focus but who in hell's name would want to do that? Not when you can spend a fortune on an old Landcruiser and worry about getting there.

It's about adventure, not a cheap holiday.

You maybe missing the point here Yogi. You could drive from here all the way to Sydney in a Ford Focus but who in hell's name would want to do that? Not when you can spend a fortune on an old Landcruiser and worry about getting there.

It's about adventure, not a cheap holiday.

I do agree with you, but where is the adventure in dragging along a fold out house.... sorry camper....

Why not just watch long way round and down back to back in your living room?

JIMHO

I do agree with you, but where is the adventure in dragging along a fold out house.... sorry camper....

Why not just watch long way round and down back to back in your living room?

JIMHO

The adventure Yogi is in doing it yourself rather than watch somebody else doing it in an exaggerated made for TV docudrama.

Chas you are missing my point, I'm saying it would be a much better adventure without bringing your house along (or the support crew in the case of Charlie and the moany one from those awful Starwars films)

But you also said why not watch it on TV.

But you also said why not watch it on TV.

Because to my mind, dragging a mobile house along with you, with a laundry area, a bath and a sodding tv room is about as adventurous as watching someone else do something on tv!!

Ok maybe I made up the bath part..:wtf:

Laundry area? TV room? I think the bath (shower) part was about the only thing you didn't make up. :think:

I think everybody is missing the point , look at a 1960's Dandy camper its a 6x4x2 ft box but has 2 double beds or sofas if you prefer and a fixed cooker and sink , that's why i bought a rotten stinking old trailer tent , its a 3D plan better than any paper plan could ever be . 6X4= 216sqft of roof when its open and its all indoors .

Just needed a decent base trailer to start making my off road trailer tent and having just got home from a 12 hour drive i've now got one at last :banana-dance:

Back