Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking at this 80, serious detective work needed please.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Chaps, I am looking at this 80 on Autotrader. It really is more or less what I am after. I haven't seen it in the flesh - yet.

But, I need your knowledge here on our Rogue Trading friends. I have tried to go the website, but it seems to be a domain that's been bought by someone else so that doesn't work. I have rung them and got voice mail

The 01706 code is Rochdale which is near Halifax. If you look in the other pics there is a sign on the wall saying Labourpool and a number 01422. This number is only 3 digits different to Chequered Flag in Hipperholme, Halifax.

What do we know? I have looked on Gurgle Earth and it's pretty clear to me that the place in the dealer pics is outside Labourpool and is surrounded by cars including lots of 80's.

OK so spelling it out, this nice looking blue 80 is a CF car. Right? So who is CVM?

So what's the current story? Have they all gone to prison and someone else is running it? Are they having a sale? Are they now reformed :laughing-rolling: I'm not STUPID

Please bear in mind that I don't care who's selling it really. Warranties? After sales care? It's an 80 and I'd buy it on that strength. I have had enough experience to know A if it's a good 80 and B if it's been tarted up from being a write off etc. I don't want to give them my money, but hey if the price and car are right.....wtf.

Serious thoughts please chaps. Let's work on the fact that we can't trust anything that they say, nor anything about the car until proven. The ad is nonsense anyway. Heated Screen? Fog lights?

Chris

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-ca...n-wagon-5dr-littleborough-fpa-201212024483135

Last edited:
I would say they are pretty much still CF.
May be run by another member of the family.
From what i have read and heard, I might be inclined to hold on to my money a little while longer.

Gra.

Cheers Gav, I know that mate. What I am after is the 'now'. There's a cruiser, but who's selling? I know this is going to be dodgy, just HOW dodgy?

Chris

My opinion Chris is like you said, doesn't matter who or what they are. Price right truck right buy it. After sales we know they wouldn't stand to there words or so we believe. You can do it all yourself anyway. Prob better than anyone else they got to do the work. I'd say look at it and buy it if the paperwork is all above board.

Thanks Karl. Hah, just seen another one, newer and cheaper. Forget the CF one, I'm on for this one for sure. Have cash will travel. Mailed the garage, waiting for reply. It's blue too so double happy.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And no I am not putting up a link to it

Chris :icon-biggrin:

What? No not a case of that Graham. Just no point really adding to this thread as it's dead really. I'd be mad to consider this one over the other one. Someone going to have a look at it for me already. There'll be a new post if I buy it, trust me.

Chris

Thanks Karl. Hah, just seen another one, newer and cheaper. Forget the CF one, I'm on for this one for sure. Have cash will travel. Mailed the garage, waiting for reply. It's blue too so double happy.

Chris

Hopw it all works out mate:icon-wink:

Rob, I think we all cheered when we read that. But as I said, I'm not looking for info on CF as they were then, I am looking to find who's running it now and why the car doesn't seem to be being sold by CF, outwardly, but there does seem to be connections. Has someone bought their stock for example.

Probably academic now as I have found another.

Cheers

Chris

Tbh chris if anything ever happened to me. Dont mean locked up.anything fatal etc i have a mate that would sort all my stuff out. There may have been another guy involved in the whole thing that the police didnt catch up with. Or a man higher than them who the police had nothing on. I dont think anyone will know the ins and outs unless they end up in bother again in the future.

Rob, now you're talking. That is very useful. Interesting that CVM doesn't appear in there. Maybe they are just very close but not connected. Yeah, I believe that!

Chris

Rob, I think we all cheered when we read that. But as I said, I'm not looking for info on CF as they were then, I am looking to find who's running it now and why the car doesn't seem to be being sold by CF, outwardly, but there does seem to be connections. Has someone bought their stock for example.

Probably academic now as I have found another.

Cheers

Chris

No worries, sorry was looking for another link where they mentioned the Businesses of Family of the accused their pvt addresses etc... will post if I find, its on one of the LR forums i think?

but anyone starting or buying out of the same premisses and not advertise new ownership must be related :D

Good luck with the other one

The pictures were taken at the Hipperholme Site In Halifax. CVM is Calder Valley Motors. I would still walk away before purchasing anything.

Thanks YD. Nearly dropped in on the way back from Lancs but the M60/62 was fouled up so went via Stockport.

Was interested to check them out.

C

Chequered Flag wont even entertain the idea of a test drive in any vehicle until you have commmited to buying it.

You have to be kidding? And yet people still buy from them it seems.

Mind you I went to VW dealer once with my Sister in Law to look at a Golf. They told us about this fantastic deal, end of year give away type of thing. Would only tell us the price of we signed on the dotted line! Would you buy a car not knowing the price?

Chris

Back