Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a good offset for a new set of rims

jef

Country Flag
belgium
I'm currently looking to upgrade from 285 75 r16 to 315 75 r16 mud terrains but looking for a good set of rims, my current rims are a bit to wide, have only 4 of them and the dimensions are a bit unknown. A wild guess is 16x10 et-? around 30 I think.

Is 16x8 et-25 a good choice? I want the sidewalls to bulge out a little.
IMG_0640.png

I'm currently looking to upgrade from 285 75 r16 to 315 75 r16 mud terrains but looking for a good set of rims, my current rims are a bit to wide, have only 4 of them and the dimensions are a bit unknown. A wild guess is 16x10 et-? around 30 I think.

Is 16x8 et-25 a good choice? I want the sidewalls to bulge out a little.
View attachment 168051
That front sidewall is bulging out a lot...;-)
Not sure what a standard 80 alloy is .....I would like something with a little more outward offset as I don't like wheel spacers ( don't trust them at all in fact )

Standard is 16x8 with a zero offset . Wider wheels lessen the bulge and make some tyres measure smaller in height than they might on a narrower wheel .

The brand of tyre you intend to use makes a difference because many are marked with a size that bares no relation to reality like 31" tyres marked 33" . While seeking aesthetics your best to find someone to copy .

I'm thinking of a negative 25 -30 to fill the arches on my 285/75/16 s ....
Anyone running them because the last thing I want is to make it "white line" in bikers language ....

That front sidewall is bulging out a lot...;-)
Not sure what a standard 80 alloy is .....I would like something with a little more outward offset as I don't like wheel spacers ( don't trust them at all in fact )

thats why I want to change, lost the bead at both sides while offroading. There was a lot of dirt inbetween the rim and the tire.

-25 should be about right
i had 35's and 33's for my 80
the tread was in,bulge out,if you see what i mean?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hdj80 with flares you need et-25, without flares et0.
But you can still use your wheels with 315 tyres, they are 3cm wider than what you have now so it won't pop off as easy.
I have friends with 315/75R16 on 10" rims and they never had any problem. I myself had one pop off in a side slope rut.
If you want to sell them, send me a message, maybe I'm intrested.

I’ve run 305/70/16s on 10” -25 offset for years, and had no problems with popping beads Offroad.

It all depends on what type of terrain you run on. Here I find I don’t need to air down on the offroad runs I do, they‘re loose rock and bare soil trails mostly, so I’m not crawling up steep slab rock, where airing down is almost a must.

I‘ve actually gone the other way recently, changing from 305 muds to 285/75/16 KO2s, but keeping them on 10” -25 rims, and it’s working just fine. They measure a tad under 33” diameter, so I’m happy with that.

I must admit, with the 305/70/16s, I did have occasional “white-line“ issues, mostly caused by deep kerb water on one side of the road (pretty common here on Romanian highways) and deep HGV ruts which are even more common here, because they have too much bitumen in their asphalt mix designs, causing rutting in the summer heat.

Let us know what you decide on, it would be interesting to see what you come up with and how they look... and perform.

20190527_132150.jpg

315 75 16's on standard rims

Back