Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a replacement 80

Yes, the reserve was £6000. No thanks. Very nice machine, but I could see the bidding going high on that. Clearly there is a ceiling for 80 prices and I think we just hit it for that one.

Chris

Couple of pics of latest with GW.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I took off all the accessories yesterday and had a good look around. Looks fine underneath. There were nests of grass etc from off road excursions which hadn't even caught fire. So it does seem that all the heat went upwards. Not taken vehicle parts as such as I need to wait to hear from Equity, but I did pull the injectors. The cyls must be full of water from the efforts to put out the fire and I didn't want the injectors to deteriorate. The tips at least could be used again. They look fine but I shall have them tested to see if they need a rebuild. If they check out then hey, we've a spare set!

Chris

Damn that must be heart breaking. Feel for ya chris!

Chris, are your wheel arch flares steel, mine are fibre glass, if yours are how come they didn't melt?

That's the skin you can see, the flares were indeed fibreglass and have virtually all gone Chas !

BIG clean GREEN said:
That's the skin you can see, the flares were indeed fibreglass and have virtually all gone Chas !
Ah so! On the second pic it looks like the wing bulges out, as the flare would, but having looked again on the first pic you can see more clearly where it's just the mark of where the flare used to be :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Ryan. Thanks fella. Petrol out of the question mate yes. Already posted the reasons so not going there again. But safe to say nope. Gotta be an oil burner.

Chris

Guys, just to keep it tidy from now on, could you drop any links to a possible new vehicle onto this thread below please.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10307

Gotta be:
Diesel
Open to Auto or manual - leaning toward 24v manual actually
UK or import but must have 3 lockers
Body and interior has to meet with Mrs Chris' approval
Mechanicals I can fix. I seem to have some spare parts to hand
Colour? Let's not be too choosy but NOT that sort of gold colour
Mileage, sub 200k would be good. But as low as possible
Age, well not less than 93. But preferably on a M on newer due to private plate rules.
Budget - flexible to a point. Right car comes along, who knows. Let's tackle that on a car by car basis

This is for a 'driver', not an out and out bog monster so it has to be tidy and clean.

Many thanks Guys. We can do this, I know we can. Keep your eyes peeled at the 4x4 show this weekend. There seem to be lost of Cruiser owners out there who simply are not on this site and may have a 'For Sale' notice in their back window.

Cruiserless Chris

Chris said:
Guys, just to keep it tidy from now on, could you drop any links to a possible new vehicle onto this thread below please.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10307

Gotta be:
Colour? Let's not be too choosy but NOT that sort of gold colour

Chris, I'm mortally wounded!!

I've got Two in "that sort of Gold colour"
IMG_0015-1.jpg

Olazz, I suspect that if you'd take an offer of <£4k Chris might make an exception :lol:

OT - have you seen that the Sharks are playing their Super 15 game vs Crusaders at Twickenham on Sunday 27th?

And I have to say, damn fine they look too. Really. But it's simply not a colour that I aspire to. I really hope that this hasn't damaged our friendship!!

Don't suppose you have a green one, or maybe blue lying around anywhere?

Chris

Andrew Prince said:
Olazz, I suspect that if you'd take an offer of <£4k Chris might make an exception :lol:

OT - have you seen that the Sharks are playing their Super 15 game vs Crusaders at Twickenham on Sunday 27th?

For £4k I will happily let Chris have the 60 series.. Done deal!

Ja tickets for the match already on sale here.. Smit's got the boys on top form at the moment... last weeks game against the Rebs was a nail biter.

Chris said:
And I have to say, damn fine they look too. Really. But it's simply not a colour that I aspire to. I really hope that this hasn't damaged our friendship!!

Chris

Friendship..... Friendship...... what Friendship? You insulta ma car, thena you wanna be ma frienda :mrgreen:

Chris Green is for girls buddy..... THAT colour rocks, its now my strap line...

Kick a guy when he's down huh? Cheers fella.

Sob :cry: :cry:

C

Not all green cruisers are driven by the female of the species.

Olazz said:
Chris said:

Chris

Friendship..... Friendship...... what Friendship? You insulta ma car, thena you wanna be ma frienda :mrgreen:

Chris Green is for girls buddy..... THAT colour rocks, its now my strap line...

sorry to hear about the beast we had a new punto evo with 4 miles on the clock go up last week down to electrics and i can see what sort of mess your dealing with hope the insurance pay up well

Back