Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a replacement 80

Jon Wildsmith said:
Wonder why some of the plastic sill and kick panel trims are missing?
Bloomin' eck Jon - thats good spotting!!! :clap:

2nd attempt :)

Try goofbay.com for an easy-to-use sniper, Chris

Chris said:
Looks to me like that would require very few of the parts from GW which means I can move them on for a bit of help with the funding. We'll see.
I see it had a "new" gearbox in 2007 - maybe you should hang on to GW's just in case. :idea: Seems very low mileage to have needed a whole new gearbox...

Some service history would be useful is assessing what work has been done, when cambelt, BEBs etc were done.

I would go along and explain to the guy, that its for your best mate, who's car just went up in flames.
Appeal to his better nature, if possible.

Take some pictures along of GW. all burned out.
Try offer a cash lump,
ask him to take it off ebay soon as poss.

Appeal to his reason, that a dealer should not get it, and possibly exploit your good mate.

Graham

Thanks for the sniper leads Fellas.

Look, I'm not going to find 'perfection' on one of these and I'll take what I can get in the best condition. Don't worry lads, I'm not 'on the rebound here' looking for love. Not going to do anything daft. I am prepared to do the whole thing over again, so to be fair, service history, cam belt, BEBs - all irrelevant. I shall be resetting the clock on that lot.

This is why I am keeping GWs remains for the time being. Parts I may later rely on!!

Re scuff panels / sill trims, sorry are you Guys telling me that yours actually stay on???? I was getting ready for gluing mine on!

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":29w53lg3]Wonder why some of the plastic sill and kick panel trims are missing?
Bloomin' eck Jon - thats good spotting!!! :clap:[/quote:29w53lg3]
Could just have been removed for valeting :?:

Could be off for a wash Les, just a curiosity really as sometimes asking about that stuff gets an implausible answer where a simple one would do and lets the cat out the bag :) Chris *says* he's not on the rebound but we've got to watch our for him right? :mrgreen:

Please do Mr W. I rely on you Guys and take your counsel wisely. Almost all of the time. But also cognisant of the adage strike while the iron is hot and also out forrum motto

"Nil Flagetorium chequervarties siezum eighticus!"

Chris

Does look well in the photos & is an appropriate colour for a resurrection from the flames, a Phoenix you might say ;) It is odd about the missing trim but could be a genuine sale as there is a new shape LWB Shogun in the background of a couple of the pics, maybe this is the replacement for the 80 :think:

Good luck to you & watch out for the old auction fever :shifty: :)

Mitsi Shogun is the reason for sale. Crispin asked him.

Come on Les - work it out man. You should be good at mottos. A salty old seadog like you!

Chris

Chris said:
Mitsi Shogun is the reason for sale. Crispin asked him.

Come on Les - work it out man. You should be good at mottos. A salty old seadog like you!

Chris
Roger

didn't study it first time :clap: :clap: :D

It's not REAL Latin of course. Although, maybe it is and it's incredibly rude :oops: :oops:

C

Chris said:
It's not REAL Latin of course. Although, maybe it is and it's incredibly rude :oops: :oops: C
"Nil Flagetorium chequervarties siezum eighticus!"

Does this translate as "Don't let CF buy a burnt 80" have they made you an offer for the remains Chris? it's a very long time since I did latin at school. :character-oldtimer:

Not quite Chas but close. I think that possibly you were studying the later neo-classical form of Latin, from the Chuffin School of Heraldry?

Translated, it quite literally means

"Don't let those bars'tds at Chequered Flag steal all the good 80's" :naughty: :naughty:

Chris

Followed by a good chorus of 'I'm Sparticus...' 'No, I'm Sparticus...'

And then head off into Monty Python territory with a bit of 'Biggus Dickuss'!!! :lol:

No no,I'm Spartacus, or is it maybe Biggus Dickuss :oops:

Back