Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for an 80 Series

Yotomotor

Hi,
I know I am asking a lot but I am looking for a 80 series diesel Manual or auto, I would like a genuine well maintained vehicle with service history if anyone has or knows of one for sale please contact me on
07957 002247
Cheers Duncan

Duncan there are quite a few decent ones around at the moment. OK all depends on budget and what you want from it, but search on Ebay. Auto is more likely but there are some early manuals about. I have several in my watch list at present. They are going for sensible money too at the moment. What's your budget?
Service history? Well we have had that punch up before but my view is that you are talking about trucks up to 20 years old here. And the engine isn't the thing that suffers. You could have one that's been to the main dealer every six months for an oil change and it could still have bits hanging off it and a rotten body. It's an outdated measure of a good car if you'll forgive my boldness. I don't even bother asking. If it runs well, it runs well. If there is smoke pouring out of the exhaust it's not because it hasn't had an oil change at a main dealer. Early service history, fine. It had a good start in life. But after that? If it's tatty then it's not been looked after. Holes in the seats, bodywork and four odd tyres with no spare give the clue here. Like I say E-bay and Trader. Find something and post it here for an opinion. We're here to help. But as several of us are already looking for an 80 at the moment, there may be some reluctance to openly post the best ones if you follow. It's every man for himself

Chris :whistle:

Duncan there are quite a few decent ones around at the moment. OK all depends on budget and what you want from it, but search on Ebay. Auto is more likely but there are some early manuals about. I have several in my watch list at present. They are going for sensible money too at the moment. What's your budget?
Service history? Well we have had that punch up before but my view is that you are talking about trucks up to 20 years old here. And the engine isn't the thing that suffers. You could have one that's been to the main dealer every six months for an oil change and it could still have bits hanging off it and a rotten body. It's an outdated measure of a good car if you'll forgive my boldness. I don't even bother asking. If it runs well, it runs well. If there is smoke pouring out of the exhaust it's not because it hasn't had an oil change at a main dealer. Early service history, fine. It had a good start in life. But after that? If it's tatty then it's not been looked after. Holes in the seats, bodywork and four odd tyres with no spare give the clue here. Like I say E-bay and Trader. Find something and post it here for an opinion. We're here to help. But as several of us are already looking for an 80 at the moment, there may be some reluctance to openly post the best ones if you follow. It's every man for himself

Chris :whistle:

Another one in the queue!!

Glad I bought when I did!
My truck has intergalactic miles,absolutely no history and has obviously been 'used'. There is/was some niggly problems to sort but overall I'm chuffed to bits! As Chris said,look more at the truck rather than the paperwork. Happy hunting!

Got one Chris,
stood in a barn for 6 years, and its last 5 mot,s it's only covered 7k sounds sweet no smoke, 12 month mot new battery's new shocks under sealed.

alternator lazy so needs a newen, front diff lock not working apart from that she's good.

"work to do"

bebs
oil changes diff transfer box engine gearbox

2" lift ironman
35" cooper stt MUDs
winch bumper
snorkel
and some sounds

hope to get this done in the next three weeks and I will post the before and after pics

Dunc

Well done. What spec did you get?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
12v Diesel 92 Vx 7 cloth seats, manual 157k, I will post some pics soon before and after.

On fleabay, but I have been to Scotland Yorkshire slough Abergavenny and Peterborough which is we're I got his one.

Back