Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

looking for info

ALDO

hi just baught my first land cruiser :thumbup: looking do upgrade and repaint replace wheels and tyres what would any 1 recommend what kind of tyres looking to use on and off road would also like to know when yous would recommend doing my calm belt has done 132000 thanks ALDO.

I've had two sets of Cooper STT's and I could recommend these for on & off road, there are many posts about the best tyres to use. Your cam belt should be changed every 60000 miles, so yours should have been changed twice by now. If it has been done at the correct times yours should be OK but I would check that they have been changed.

Because I never have any faith in previous owners I always do the cambelt.

Ecky Thump said:
Because I never have any faith in previous owners I always do the cambelt.

:text-imwithstupid:

Unless you have the service history showing it done!

Assuming the history is correct, with quality parts and done correctly!
Lost count of how many vehicles were brought to me with so called main dealer servicing. Not worth the risk IMO, its a very weird sound hearing one break on an MOT emission test.

By the way, what truck is it and where are you?

have baught a 1998 3.4 v6 list to do tyres wheels? cambelt respray thinking of lpg conmertion snorkel just done service on it yesterday my first auto when should i do tranmittion fluid and filter thanks for your replys aldo

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do the ATF anyway, i very much doubt if anyone's done it before, if youv'e got the A442f box then there's no filter to change, there's a screen that filters the fluid & when you drain down the screen self cleans supposeidly, you can find what box youv'e got from the VIN plate on the bulkhead.

thanks guys will be doing ATF also info been great thanks again :thumbup:

Heya, may be worth doing diff oils and
Gearbox and transfer box.

Doesn't take much to do, or much oil infact
And u can also check old oil for any suspect
Metal parts in it.

Back