Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looks like a nice 1996 "P" reg 80 4.5 VX Auto....

If you are happy with a petrol 80 it looks like an ace Criuser to have. I like the colour.

Cleeeeeeeeeeean!

If I was its owner going overseas I'd want to take it with me... :think:

Does look very nice. Fog light isn't legal though.

Just not what I am after. No reserve? Oh Andy ................:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Does look very nice. Fog light isn't legal though.

Just not what I am after. No reserve? Oh Andy ................:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Is that because the spare wheel is covering one of the foglights?

And I think I'll stick my neck out here and say whilst its had alot spent on it, I don't think it's as good as he's making it out to be.

Last edited:
Well sort of. Not just because it covers a FL but because it covers the Off Side FL. In the UK, FL must be central or toward the OS. Having an Near Side FL isn't legal. Having built a carrier myself and then gone Doh! I know this is an issue. Many imports have them, but they also have a bumper mounted FL. Easy to get around, but to go through the MOT they have perhaps removed the wheel for the test.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is it a uk model? Description a bit thin.....

Why am I now looking at 80's :think:

Thanks Chris, I'm hopefully putting a spare wheel carrier on soon so it's very handy to know. I might have to relocate the fog lights to the bumper. Got to fill in the foglight holes though.
I think it's a UK car (because of the lockers) with a spare wheel carrier added (as no factory number plate holder).

Is it a uk model? Description a bit thin.....

Why am I now looking at 80's :think:
Looks like a UK 80 to me. The rear wheel carrier is a Direct 4x4 aftermarket copy of the genuine Toyota one. I saw this ad the other day and thought that someone is going to benefit from the previous owners expenditure, it would appear that I lot of good work has been done to this truck, with quite a chunk being carried out by Julian Voelcker of Overland Cruisers. So whoever buys this truck will certainly get a pretty well sorted 80.

For a petrol it's done a few miles, but looking at the condition of it, it looks like its been well cared for. Although a 4.5 petrol isn't most people's first choice, Chris has put the case very well in the past, that you need to do quite a few miles a year to reap the benefit of paying more for a diesel. It really comes down to personal usage and plans for a vehicle, but the 4.5 is a lovely quite and smooth engine.

Someone may well bag a cracker of a bargain.

It's a uk model. Rear seats etc.

3xdiff locks.

Personally think it will be around 5 k can't see it making much more. It's a nice example though.The guy selling it sells a few 80s or he used to.They are always very clean and the adverts are great. Knows how to sell stuff.

I drove the petrol in SA and moz this year and will say they are way better then the diesel if you can run one.
I couldnt at£1.40 l i was doing 740km to 160l which isnt to bad at £1 l
stu

£7K to baseline it, then more money to fix the advisories at the next MOT? And the aerial and windows still don't work properly.

Looks a tidy example.

Gotta admit I like the petrol, drove a couple of diesels but the extra ££ swayed my choice. It's not great on fuel and tyres etc made it worse but for the miles I do its not an issue. I found petrol models with no lpg usually had lower miles too (74k on mine now)

Keep seeing them with the dash handle on passenger side, guess having an airbag mine can't have the handle!?

Karl,

How do you know its got 3xdiffs, it doesnt mention it in the ad?

As the chap sells cruisers and does a good write up, there isnt one on this ad?

Ive pm'd for a few details, ie is rack included, uk model etc.

I have no problem with petrol, I do a low mileage.

Pete

Hi Pete

The rear windows don't come in the imports. The imports have solid glass.

Petrols are great. If I didn't run bio fuel I would have a petrol over a diesel but it would have to be on gas. I've found the petrol on gas is cheaper to run than the diesel for me around where I live.

Overland Cruiser have done a lot of work on it. So if anyone want any info on it then ask Julian about it.

Julian has linked to it from Facebook.

So he must be happy to recommend.

He got back to me, its a UK car, difflocks all work, and rack is included.

Karl - might be my end, but I cant see any sign of a mention of difflocks.

I can see it going for nearer £7k, its almost £5k now.

Pete

Back