Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Made the move from Landrover Discovery to LC 120 ....

farmerboy

Country Flag
uk
:icon-biggrin:

Well, after many years of Landrover ownership I have decided that I have had enough! You need more money than sense to own a Landrover - granted, they drive well and look good but boy do they bite you in the ar$e with monotonous regularity! They are the only vehicle I know of were a full warranty is essential! It is such a shame that an iconic British brand is consistently producing vehicles that are SO unreliable.

I checked out the renewal price for a warranty of my 40,000 miles Disco 3 and it was more than twice the price of the equivalent Land Cruiser...... so off to the local garage I trundle and off for a test drive in a LC 120..... well, what a surprise....

The vehicle was much older than my Disco and had covered 3X the mileage (120,000) but it looked and drove like a new car... I was astonished by how solid it felt. very very impressed.... needless to say I bought the thing and I love it! Just "modern" enough to be comfortable but "old fashioned" enough to be solid and dependable. I have had a bit of a crawl under it and it so much more solid than a Disco.... but there is a big downside...

The forum (s) is so quiet! (compared to the Discovery ones!) I have to smile at the low volume of people with problems! Happy days when I can just relax and drive without wondering how much the next garage bill will be... (touch wood!)

Start your Mods, plenty of advise and forum usage then! :) Welcome btw

Congratulations on your conversion :icon-wink: and choice of LC.:thumbup:

I've been looking at upgrading from my 90 to either a 120 or 100 series but haven't taken the plunge yet - been saying it for ages but the 90 just keeps going strong and has become part of the family. As a replacement, the 120 does make a very strong case for itself.

BTW there are several members with experience of modding 120s on here - Crispin, Gary Stockton, Graham to name a few.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I shall peruse the various sections ref mods..... looking forward to many years of reliable motoring.

Many moons ago I traded my 54 plate D3 in for a lc120..... I had more problems in 4 mo. of disco ownership than 5 (6?) yrs of running the landcruiser.

Welcome to the forum farmer boy! Although you'll benefit from the 120 section, no doubt, there's also tons of nonsense going on here, which hopefully you'll find entertaining. I hope it's enough to fill the free time you've acquired instead of crawling around over and under the lawn roller.[emoji6]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Another one who has seen the light! :icon-cool:

Welcome to the club! :thumbup:

Back