Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Max weight in my 90

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi all.
With all the seats either taken out or folded away, any idea how much weight I can safely get inside my 1997 Colorado 90 LWB 3.0TD?
Cheers

Hi all.
With all the seats either taken out or folded away, any idea how much weight I can safely get inside my 1997 Colorado 90 LWB 3.0TD?
Cheers
Just look at the data plate under the bonnet and see what the gross weight is and then weigh the car on a public
weigh bridge, then if (for example) if the gross is 2500Kgs and it weigh's 200kgs then you can put 500 kgs but don't
forget people are part of the calculation

2800kg is the plated max.

My lwb 95 is a commercial, so only has the two front seats. I have a toolbox built into the back which is about 40kg. It weighs 2080kg on the weighbridge empty. Tbh 500kg is all I'd be happy putting in the back. Anything more and you should really have a trailer.

Sorry for the delay all. Thanks for the info. Must admit I did overload it, I calculated about 600-650 kg of wet Beech stacked in the back. It was only a short distace getting out of the woods but you're right Bob, I'll hitch the trailer up next time! Plus I had the roof tent on top as well.

Back