Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Merry Christmas from Cornwall

Captainoversteer

Supporter
Hi all,my names Dan and I've recently signed up,been lurking for a little while.
Not a LC owner yet but on the look out for the right spec 80,have looked at a few but as yet not found 'the one'.
I'm a mechanic for a mid sized local coach firm and have had Landrovers since I've been old enough to get in one. I've done many big diesel conversions to Disco's and RRC's,most recently an sl35 Mazda into a D1 which was great! I then bought a D2 to transplant the Mazda into and have been driving the truck around for the last 6 months or so with the dreadful td5 POS in which has put me off completely! I then had a moment of clarity if you like and realised its a lot easy to go and buy a ready made,big engines,reliable 4x4?
It has to be diesel so that only really leaves one choice? Hence here I am!
Its a great community you guys have here and once I've found the right truck I hope I'll be helped and be helpful to other members as my truck probably wontbe staying completely standard,its a habit I have!
Well that's enough for now,Merry Christmas to all and I look forward to 2013 LC ownership!

Welcome Dan. There are still a few good 80's about, take your time and the right one will come about. Just watch out for the few shady dealers with over priced ones.

Thanks Tony! This forum has been a great help already as far as information goes,there does seem to be a lot of tired overpriced examples about,there's certainly not a lot of choice down this end of the country! Im hoping to build my finances up a little more and then spend a couple of days 'up north' looking around. I think this forum has saved me from chequered flag,their ad's look very inviting to someone like myself,300 odd miles away!
All the best for 2013!
Dan

Welcome to the club Dan. :thumbup:

Theirs quite a few members on here who were previous green oval fans before seeing the light! :icon-biggrin:

Welcome to the club Dan. :thumbup:

Theirs quite a few members on here who were previous green oval fans before seeing the light! :icon-biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome Ben!
LOL! I have noticed that, Seems to be a bit of a trend? I wont be walking away completely as my challenge truck is a trayback'd Disco and I have a yard full of D1's breaking,got a bit of a name for myself down this way(a good one I might add) so cannot afford to give it all up as that pile of rusty old LR's is buying me a LC!

Ooh challenge truck! :icon-surprised:

Can we see some pics please! :icon-twisted:

Landrovers are really good off road! :clap:

But.............their appalling build quality and terrible reliability lets them down. :thumbdown:

But I guess that keeps you in business. :lol:

Good luck in your search for an 80. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
WP_000459.jpgAh,yes build quality,I addressed that by chopping most of it off? powered by 200tdi,with a late r380,quaife diffs,ashcrofts shafts etc so reliability is pretty good!
Bit of an ugly duckling though!WP_000438.jpg

Nice! :clap:

Bet you have some fun in that. :icon-biggrin:

Back