Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mild Death Wobble

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
Had a bit of a weird spot in the steering recently, as if it was catching on somthing at about 12-o-clock position, getting worse over the last 100 miles or so. Today it developed into a death wobble after hitting a pot hole on a duel carridgeway at 60mph, violent shaking of the steering wheel for around 10 seconds.

I lay under the truck while the Mrs gave the steering wheel a waggle, found the bottom Panhard Rod bush had lots of play in it (about 5mm), ordered polybushes for it, that should sort it. (£50 for both ends inc delivery)

Good that you found it, the knuckle bearings have also been known to set the wobble off. Have a good check around the panhard rod mounts as well, they can corrode, as do the steering box around the bolts.

regards

Dave

Cheers Dave, I'll have a good mooch under there:thumbup:

Been scrubbing the truck up ready for the ins agreed valuation pictures, even bought some polish :shock:

Cheers Dave, I'll have a good mooch under there:thumbup:

Been scrubbing the truck up ready for the ins agreed valuation pictures, even bought some polish :shock:

I dare not polish mine, the paint on the bonnet and roof is peeling badly, and the rust is getting out of hand on the rear wheel arches. probably rub a hole through. :frowning:

regards

Dave

Back