Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners and Roughtrax cam belt kits

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I took my radiator out yesterday to give it a good clean and while its out I'm toying with the idea of replacing the ol' cam belt and serpentine belt. So along to the Milners web site and am pleasantly surprised at the price of a kit, but think that maybe its a bit cheap and that maybe the quality is not all it could be. So off to the Roughtrax site to find there a litte more expensive, not by a lot, but the wording of the kit inspires me with more confidence. What's everyone's experiences here? Or should I just go main dealer?

With milners and rough trax I will only order certain items, a cambelt replacment would be genuine toyota for me

i used a milners kit on my lc it comes with a genuine toyota tensioner/damper so couldnt fault it really.

I've fitted a few milner cambelt kits and always been happy!

Like Joe mine came with a genuine tensioner. :icon-biggrin:

I'm not familiar with the D4D engine in yours, but would it be worth fitting a new water pump at the same time? :think:

It depend on the belt manufacturer really. if it was a Gates belt or the likes, then yeah, no problem. If it was an unknown brand, i'm not so sure.
Bought a rear brake caliper from milner 18 months ago, it seized up 2 months ago - stripped and polished - seized again today... i'll be looking elsewhere for a replacement - originals on the front are still good after 11 years service..i expected a bit better out of the replacement

I'd only ever fit a genuine cambelt, not worth cutting costs in that area.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In the end I hatched a complex plan for buying all of the parts that I needed. I did call my local Main Dealer for a price for the three components (cam belt, tensioner & pulley) £204.00! Actually I didn't think that this was as bad as one could have imagined. He added that they really supply the pulley and only replace it if there's a confirmed fault with it. Just the cam-belt & tensioner piston would be £102 from the Main Dealer. Comparison between Roughtrax and Milners had me buying a cam-belt kit from Milners including a genuine piston/tensioner and a good quality NSK bearing pulley and a pattern cam-belt. From Roughtrax I bought a genuine cam-belt. Total came to a little under £95 :)

So, got the new cam belt, idler pulley and piston fitted yesterday, but there's an anomaly!

0603AD92-A5A8-46F5-8C41-07AECB5C726A_zpspwseh7n9.jpg

The part numbers on the belts are different!

3FDB691A-B7DA-427C-AD4D-42E22B5AE7CB_zpssjmyp13l.jpg

The belt that I removed has a different part number to the one supplied by RoughTrax?! The belt that I removed was almost certainly fitted by Toyota as the truck has a full main dealer history up to 133000 miles 2010 and the last cam belt service is detailed in this history at 120000 miles in 2009.

The belt I removed has the part number 13568-30010

The belt supplied by RoughTrax has the part number 13568-30011

A quick check on ToyoDiy suggest another completely different part number to the ones I have above?!

ToyoDiy 13568-39015

Whats going on there then?!

I also checked the other two part numbers on the parts reference thing and they can't be found?!

i compared the two belts before fitting the RoughTrax supplied one and apart from the One from RoughTrax being slightly shinier in finish they look the same.

Last edited:
Most likely just a superceded part buddy, some very slight upgrade or change to the belt.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be sure that 'Genuine' from Milners (or anywhere else outside the dealer network) is actually genuine. The world is full of good looking knock off Toyota parts.

Thanks for you reply's guys :) I did think that it may be a superseded part myself, but wondered what others thought.

That link you put up there Joe is very reassuring, thank you :)

This Timing Belt fits the following models

ToyotaHILUX Pickup2.5 D-4D 4x4[2007]144 HP2494 CC

OEN Part Numbers

TOYOTA13568-09130
TOYOTA13568-09131
TOYOTA13568-30010
TOYOTA13568-30011
TOYOTA13568-39015
TOYOTA13568-39016

It's true that there are a lot of very convincing knock offs about, but I'd like to think that the likes of Milners or RoughTrax would be very careful with regards to what they sell and how it's described. In this day and age of the internet it wouldn't take very long at all for some thing like that to get around as it did some years back to another very well known 4x4 accessory supplier who then vanished very soon afterwards as everyone stopped using them.

I'm happy that it's a genuine part that supersedes the original part number still shown on ToyoDiy :pray: :icon-smile: :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Back