Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mini Pump for Diff/Gearbox oil change.

Yep. Garden centre or DIY shed. About £15 for a garden sprayer. Take the spray head bit off, fill with oil and pump. Works an absolute treat. OK I wouldn't leave the oil outside overnight in this weather as it might thicken up quite a bit. But for diffs, transfer, auto fluid etc I don't use anything else.

Chris

Hi.

I use one of the 3/5 litre pesticide sprayers you can get from garden centres with the spray head removed from the pipe. Costs about the same as the pump though.

Chas, it might be, but the beauty of the garden spray is that you stick your 2.7 l of oil or whatever in it, pump it up and go for a cuppa. It just does it for you. You have to keep pumping that one. It's so simple, it should be illegal.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris is right, other pumps for gearboxes and diffs tends to be a 2 man job - someone to hold the pipe underneath and someone to pump the pump because it won't fit under the car, or because you don't have 3 pairs of hands. I wouldn't be without my garden sprayer/pump now.

The garden sprayer seems ideal ... and very simple, on my shopping list now.

P.S I have used large syringes for top up only, obviously not god for full refill.

Thanks Chris and Andy, you guys were spot on.

I bought this from B&Q for about £16.

071220101230.jpg

Link to B&Q http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=0000003643396&x=0&y=0

Perfect for the job.

IQ

Back