Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

mirrors

24carrot

Hi i have a hj81 in Port and the mirrors are on the wings .can I fit door mirrors ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Some years ago I imported one from Japan with electric wing mirrors, I ordered some door mirrors from Mr T and had the old wing holes filled, even worked on the electrics...

Hi i have a hj81 in Port and the mirrors are on the wings .can I fit door mirrors ?

Never seen mirrors on the wings of an import. Do you have a photo? You should be able to fit them on the doors as that's where they normally are.

hi yes here a pic of them
8c5312fac774ae3560d126ba8207719e.jpg

How random.

I can see why you want to rid them. Never seen them on any cruiser anywhere.

fitting proper ones shouldn't be an issue and I'd have thought the loom will already be in place.

Nice cruiser though:thumbup:

Probably like Karl I've never seen any of those before. If you have the same window arrangement as others I can't see that door mirrors couldn't be fitted. If you don't have the electrics in place the adjustment might be a challenge.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably like Karl I've never seen any of those before. If you have the same window arrangement as others I can't see that door mirrors couldn't be fitted. If you don't have the electrics in place the adjustment might be a challenge.

Im thinking Someone has fitted these and taken the normal ones off andy. That has to be the case surely.

No I don't thank so they all works ok on the electric on the original buttons. It just they have wide angle lens in them

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mmmmmmn dunno on that one Karl, they are unusual but maybe a search on Toyodiy will reveal if they are factory or not.They look a bit Toyota ish.

See LC 120 quote at the beginning of this

My 80 has manual mirrors, manual positioning of the mirror glass (with your thumb) and they fold flat to the side window glass, again manually. There are no internal controls at all. But they are in the "right" place, on the doors.

I've never seen them on the wings like that. Don't imports usually have that little thingy mirror mounted much closer to the headlamp, and only on one side?

Hi Karl they are grate wear they are it's just with the lenses it being wide angle it makes it hard reversing with a trailer on as soon as it is past the back of the car it's in the distance in the mirror

They've obviously been fitted at the whim of a previous owner. It already has the JDM wing mirror on the passenger side. Functional they may be but there's a limit FFS!

Hi Karl they are grate wear they are it's just with the lenses it being wide angle it makes it hard reversing with a trailer on as soon as it is past the back of the car it's in the distance in the mirror

If it was my truck I'd be taking them off. We all have our own opinion though. Think the truck would look far better with the standards.

They look a bit like the 70 series mirrors to me Andy. The mounting brackets look to fit well on the wings though. Don't think ill ever see a set on an 80 again though.

AFAIAA Frank everything fitted during build is listed for each vehicle, they mayl have been the requirement of its country of first registration, or an option, if it was it will be on Toyodiy.

Back