Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Missing/coughing between 2000 and 2400 RPM

robbuys

Country Flag
australia
Hi everyone. I have a 2021 lc200 gxl. VDJ200 Been running perfectly fine up until a week ago. I have had the engine and transmission tuned and a torque lock up kit installed. It seems to be missing/coughing under load at 2000-2400 rpm. It sounds like the turbo is trying to spool up then stops and starts again. It looses power when this happens. Anyone had this issue? Can’t work out what it is and it’s very annoying. Cleaned MAF sensor and all wiring. Checked all hoses for leaks but can’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated

My lc 2008 engine low compression on four cylinders no2 very bad low idle it cough and shaking rings worn. I don't like any modification eve throttle booster one of them. Basic clean map sensor and map filter under intercooler if you can and clean throttle oil change fuel filter prime properly and air filter change or take to toyota dealer when they connected to tool they are very good in diagnosis. You have to look after the engine then it will serve longer. I am not a mechanic but I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through now. Good luck

Back