Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mmmm - anyone got £60k

I reckon for that price you could buy a brand new truck and have it converted to your own spec and colour . might be worth 60,000 oz dollars maybe or 31k in English .

I don't think so Shayne. In any case you wouldn't find anyone in the UK to do that work. It was done in SA by Alu Cab. I can only image what the roof conversion cost. It has had a tonne of money thrown at it and quite a bit of sponsorship freebie stuff. I know what I have spent on mine and the basic truck was only £5k. If I add my build spend to the cost of a brand new Troopie I know what it'd come to. And it ain't £31k.

My build doesn't contain any labour either.

Also getting a near new RHD is near impossible I was going to look at it last week when it was 10k cheaper, not sure I will now tbh

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't think so Shayne. In any case you wouldn't find anyone in the UK to do that work. It was done in SA by Alu Cab. I can only image what the roof conversion cost. It has had a tonne of money thrown at it and quite a bit of sponsorship freebie stuff. I know what I have spent on mine and the basic truck was only £5k. If I add my build spend to the cost of a brand new Troopie I know what it'd come to. And it ain't £31k.

My build doesn't contain any labour either.

I agree. . As the seller stated in the UK we could get a new base hzj 78 in lhd. Remember Stans mate from extrem cruisers at the overland show we met up at. Hes the man to buy it off. They are very close to €50'000.00 and €9000.00 isnt enought to cover the extras on the advertised one. Give or take the exchange rate. .

Shocking when they still sell new RHD troopy's in Oz

I think it to do with toyota uk the reason why they dont import. Then we have all the middle men who take their cut. Hence driving the cost up.
Iirc they're imported from the United Emirates. Id love a new hzj 70 but they're over £40 k... not for a long time or ever! Such is life!!

Back