Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Series 100 Handling Woes

straycatboat

The handling is clumsy and the vehicle rolls and yaws over bumps and in turns, seems like the suspension is super plush.
I would like to make it more precise with out sacrificing the comfort a lot like on long highway runs.
Would a new set of shocks help with this?
1999 L/C Mileage 60K, michelon tires, all hwy miles, all rubber bushings look intact.

Depends on what kind of suspension you have. If you have the air/hydraulic AHC system, there is a lot you can do. If you have conventional suspension, it might be that you only need new shocks. Toyota original shocks are very good.

Seems very unlikely genuine shocks are fubbered at 60k to me or bushes are worn . Do you have the fancy automatic height suspension ? which i know nothing about , other than you can buy conversion kits to replace it with traditional suspension .

I do not have the air/hydraulic AHC system.
I noticed that the space between the front lower control arm and the bump stop (rubber) is only1". Is this a concern?

Measure the height according to FSM specs. Then you'll know.

Up far too early and bored I found the specs originally posted by uHu way back on 2007 so all credit to him :thumbup:

1659851134193.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I installed new OEM Toyota shocks and adjusted the front height per the chart by adjusting the torsion bars.
Next trip will tell the story.
Thanks

Back