Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Model Info

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some info regarding the model line up please, ie what models have what as standard including 4x4 systems, am I right in saying that the LC3 only has mechanical 4x4 systems except for a electronic rear diff lock? none of them have air suspension? cheers all

Last edited:
The Toyota website has specs for you. But basically:

LC3 has a Toyota e-locking rear diff and different low range system with locking centre diff

LC 4 & 5 both have ATRAC (traction control) and selectable centre diff lock

The LC3 & 4 both have coils and shocks all round

All model have IFS.

The LC5 has air suspension at the rear, and TEMS shocks all round.

Also has better sound system and built-in SatNag than the others, with rear a/c

Hope that helps. Same gearboxes, same engines, same bodywork

whats the ATRAC system like? so the LC4 and LC5 does not have a low range box?

Yes all have a low range - just the LC3 has (I think) low range auto-lock of the centre diff and the LC4 & 5 have a switch on the centre console and can lock the centre in high or low range.

ATTAC is good - requires understanding and getting used to but once you've done that it is 'usually' ok. There have been one or two notable exceptions though! The tyres help a lot - the standard Dunlops are useless for anything but a tar road really...

On the LC3 the centre diff locks before low range. You have High unlocked, High centre locked and then into low range. You can then only lock the rear diff once in low range. It's a 3 position selector.

Thanks Chris. Knew it was a 3-way selector, just not what the options were.

Fortunately the way the Doctor has wired up my new rear e-locker I can lock the rear diff in high or low range ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would like heated leather seats, only want the leather because its easier to clean but the 4x4 system of the LC3 then by the sounds of things.

You can always add an air locker if that's what you want - then you have ATRAC up front with all the control that gives you, and a locked up rear axle with the traction from 0mph that offers.

Decent seat covers take care of the cleaning. Heated seats are nice though - especially in the snow today (what there was of it ...)

Back