Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

So I'd be 2.4 meters. Hey if there's a rule, I'll pay. it's not difficult, but I fail to see how being higher uses up more road when there's a toll. I reckon I have about 93 million miles of headroom....

Toll boths.... where?

I can't remember if it was France or Spain or both.

You can be fairly sure you're going to be charged as an high commercial vehicle when you eventually present the ticket that you pulled from the top dispenser xxx kms ago.

Well we won't be in France so it rules out that one. When we were in France last year we used to get those daft high level tickets. They were hard to reach!

don't think the Spanish booths have a height its car, van, lorry. We only do a short section of toll road on the way out and on the way back I'm avoiding the stupid section that cost 20eros for about 10km.

chris you need to machine up a fancy toll fee dispenser so you can pay without have to climb across the car :D

Have to say Mark, that is one of my concerns. Getting to the toll booth whatsits on the passenger sides is going to be a bloody tricky thing. Any ideas for a solo vehicle?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I normally just scramble over the passenger seat, its a pain in the backside though, we really only have the first full day in morocco with a lot of booths

I reclaimed the high level charges for tolls in France. I have a sanef pass so don't pay at the tolls, but get charged later on and when I checked the invoice I saw many tolls I got charged at higher vehicle rate, which we shouldn't have to pay if it's just a tent or roofbox on vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a RTT so guess the 2.4 would be about right, let me know if I need to book ferry as a group deal. Happy to pay to confirm.

Looking back at my details on the Direct Ferries page, it has 1.93 + the optional extra height bit. If I subtract 1.93 meters from the 8' it's a little under 500mm. Yes yes I know. Mixed units. Hey, I was a child of the imperial / decimal change over. So, I've gone for the .5 meter additional. I could actually drop my rack a bit but frankly it's not worth it.

Have you looked on Brittany's site Chris they were cheaper than the quote I got at Direct Ferries?

Same to the exact penny Mark. However, they do allow a deposit booking rather than the whole fee up front. Don't know how long you get to pay the remainder. I guess Direct Ferries take all of your cash, pay a deposit and keep the balance in their piggy bank until required. Very tempted to press book on this as deposit is only £40

Edit, just found it. 17th Aug for remainder.

Deposit paid. Ferry booked. I said I was keen.

really sorry Chris I'm not going to be able to make it this year

Ha Ha, better get mine booked then :D

Arf arf, I was waiting for that.

Counting the days.

Sorry Chris couldn't resist that one :D

I have a RTT so guess the 2.4 would be about right, let me know if I need to book ferry as a group deal. Happy to pay to confirm.

IoM, Ferries from the UK are upto you to book yourself, no Groupl Buy on these so if your definately coming get your credit card out and book a ferry when it suits you.

Everyone note that the UK to Spain Crossings are particulary popular so will get booked up and the prices will increase over the summer. If you are interested in the trip get your self organinised and booked :D.

Based on current status we will have rendez vous points along the outward journey in case people don't fancy 24 hours on a boat and want to drive through Spain or meet us on the way. At present I'd suggest the following points to meet

02 October Portsmouth UK Ferry Terminal 15:30 or in the bar on the boat
03 October Santander Spain Ferry Terminal 17:00 or Salamanca area about 23:00 (NB this night meeting point will vary location and timing according to travel time from Santander
04 October Algerciras Spian 15:00 Lidl Carpark
05 October El Jadida Morocco - sometime that evening, somewhere, maybe Camping Atlantique or Hotel Palais Andalous
06 October Essaouira Morocco - anywhere in town
07 October Essaouira Morocco - anywhere in town
08 October Fort Bou Jerif Morocco - evening

Rendez Vous' at Portsmouth and Algerciras are geared around ferries so if your not there on time we won't wait. Otherwise everything is subject to change as things unfold depending on traffic, how much progress we make etc, clearing customs etc. These suggested points will happen at some point but with mobile phones etc we can probabaly meet people anywhere along the route. I'd suggest that if you are thinking of coming we'd need to meet up with everyone before leaving Fort Bou Jerif as from then on we'll be off road and harder to find.

Edited the first post with those who are definitely booked up and confirmed :)

I'm sorry - did you just put me down as driving a DEFENDER?????

I'm positive that said LC80 when I posted it last night :icon-biggrin:

Back