Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Looks like you are having a great trip. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Lots of rocky desert today which is not enjoyable. A few technical bits which we all got through. Two tyres destroyed, mine and Isle of Man's. I only have one spare so had to head straight to Tata on tarmac to try to get side wall patched or new tyre. Might have to head to Zagora for new tyre. Everyone else wildcamping outside Assa.

Out of interest Gary, what tyres do you and Isle of Man have?

Main group in Tata now ready for the dunes tomorrow. Isle of Man and Gary's tyres repaired tonight in Tata. Not sure if Garfieldus got repaired as they are heading north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you boys run into an army checkpoint today ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
3 of them. Most of the desert south of the N12 between Tata and Foum Zguid is now off limits [emoji19]. Still made Erg Chegga for last nights wild camp

Now stuck in the Arse end of now where waiting for a starting issue to be fixed on byrons truck

Tagounite isn't that bad ;), cafe there did nice expresso's
Shame about the access to those areas being restricted, i assume that is temporary as its close to Algerian border.

Yeah I hope so. Tata to Foum Zguid was open last year. But very definitely closed yesterday

Who else has left the pack ?

Mussy is on his way home. Had to leave the trip early for work

Out of interest Gary, what tyres do you and Isle of Man have?
I have Cooper Discoverer ST maxx. Sidewall got 70mm rip in it. Got a patch on inside. I will never ever go to Morocco again with only one spare. Peter has BFGs

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info there Gary.

..... I will never ever go to Morocco again with only one spare.

Wise words there, last month I did 4,000 miles on our Morocco trip with only one spare, it was always at the back of my mind that should I get a puncture it could really mess up the logistics of the trip..... fortunately never got a single puncture.

Incidently in my 8 trips to Morocco I have only had a puncture once, that was on a camp site near to Dades where a Frenchman got upset because I had 'blocked his view' when I parked..... I heard the tyre go down in the night and although I didn't see anything I have a feeling he was responsible.

Well only 3 of us off-road today from Tagounite to Erfoud. We deviated from the usual route and visited Riad Nomad for a coffee and the found the 'lost City' in olafs POi's before a quick session of sand driving and recovery tool trials at Erg chebbi. Meanwhile the rest stuck to the Tarmac.

Shame they missed out on the off-road yesterday as the stretch you did was one of my favourite sections from my trip in 2013 with atlas. Some great bits of vast openness and also the geology was good too, especially that massive eroded dome you drive across in first 30 mins with climb in and out of it. Who were the lucky ones to enjoy it today ?
Albeit we did it over a 1.5 days

They missed some great stuff...

Last edited:
Running Discoverer ST MAXX as well but my puncture was caused by the lower shock mounting bolt coming out and the shock coming off the mount and gouging away the sidewall. :(

Back