Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco Sept-Oct 2013

Hi Peter

Just one beer? Keep it cold :)

Good to hear portugal was good, look forward to stories.

Crossing was very calm, bit bumpy at 2am off Brittany.

Did not manage to make contact with Pete, or see his Colorado on departure.
Camping at a campsite site by lake at Aguilar De Campoo 1hr south Santander, will try Burgos on way home, as didn't fancy the detour there tonight and arriving in dark.
Quite a few disco 3's on ferry. Are they in our group.
A

Back to my wine

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Andy,
Just the one, Mrs Wembley! No Disco's expected, maybe it's a club jolly.
Camping Fuentes Blancas in Burgos is good. Approach road is not on some satnavs.
What's your ETA in Tarifa?
(Hi Scott, no windsurfing for me - ambulance has just carted off some poor sod with a dislocated shoulder; the wind is wild today!)
Pete

Eta tarifa on monday afternoon
Caceres tomorrow

This campsite not too bad, free wifi, nice bar,

Will be trying the Burgos site on homerun, more time yo explore Burgos then
I have oziexplorer and detailed 50k maps of spain. :)

Having a fantastic trip. Morocco more amazing than I expected, great trails, scenery, geology, culture and company.

Now in Zagora at edge if desert after a few days crossing the Mid and High Atlas mountains and Dades gorge.

LC behaving well so far.

Some photos

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380316137589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380316137589.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 220
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great to hear you're having such a good time Andy. I remember Zagora well from the trip Rob and I did last October, we arrived at the end of a Dakar type rally and there where mechanics touting for business everywhere, we got chased around town by several greasy overall wearing motorbike riders and lost them by driving at speed into a campsite where the security guard blocked the road behind us! Loved the site, one of the nicest on the trip. We wandered into the town the next day and it turned out to be a great place, buzzing with activity and really friendly shop and café workers who couldn't do enough for you. Enjoy the Sahara!

Jim.

Last edited:
Zagora, that’s where I had the anti-roll bar bracket welded back on to the front axle.
IMG_2385-1.jpg

Climbing Djebel Sarho

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380351231245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351231245.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
More pics of Djebel Sarho, atlas mtns and dades gorge

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380351492662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351492662.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380351552450.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351552450.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 106
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380351576941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351576941.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380351604442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351604442.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 116
Peter even found us some mud :)

Going to Aziz garage today for all vehicles to get checked over before 4 days and wildcamps in desert. Need to stockup on water and fuel today and do some shopping. Campsite has elec hookup and slow wifi.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380351793966.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380351793966.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 194
Great pics Andy. Recognise Djebel Sahro and the view from the Agudal - Boulmane Dades piste.

Good pics Andy. You've driven some great pistes there. So how are you enjoying the landscapes and geology?

Geology fantastic for a geologist like me!.
Had to use my winch today when towbar got hungup on a dropoff into a Oued. Winched off Peters Troopy.
Then later on we stopped and i smelt diff oil. Pete had a weeping front transfer prop output oil seal replaced yesterday on his Collie, i looked under it and it was peeing oil, so no chance to drive further. It was 4pm, Peter started towing it back to zagora after phoning mechanic to drive out to meet us. I was feeling a bit sick, notjing too bad, but then started to black out, so called a stop on the UHF. I had heat exhaustion, peter hsd cold packs and that cooled me down. Then carrick had a slow puncture. Made it back to zagora and i was sick. Salt depletion i think. Feeling better now. An eventfull day, but Peter responded quickly and has sorted us out.

Sounds like dehydration to me :( - drink lots and most important wear a hat. Hope you are feeling better now. (drink lots = no beer/wine, just water :( )
I hope all OK with car too
Have an early night, bon courage
Steve

My car OK, on petes collie it transpires gearbox mount has 20mm play in it. So that was likely the cause of seal going as gearbox moving around.
I was drinking loads, over 3l. Wasn't thirsty, and bloated with water.
Think its salt depletion.

Hat on everytime i stepped out of vehicle.

Sorry to hear about the dehyd. Dont be fooled by not feeling thirsty. Drink in small amounts at a time over a longer period (same overall volume), not large amounts in one go. You might need rehydrations salts. If you havent got them you should be able to find them in Zagora - there should be a pharmacy there. Temperatures are in the low 30's where you are. You dont tend to feel it so much because the air is so dry. If you need to do anything strenuous, take it slow and steady, and take breaks. Seek out the shade when you can. It is supposedly best to avoid using the air con in the car.

Good indicator of dehydration is how much and what colour your pee is!! Thirst is a crap indicator really.

Should be fairly clear or straw coloured and plenty of it

Its a nice simple indicator, you could also be suffering from aircon fatigue, too many flips from hot to cold to hot that seems to promote a lack of thirstiness for some reason. I've been more dehydrated driving with the air conditioning on that I have been after 6+ hours of strenuous hiking in 30C heat.

Back