Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco Sept-Oct 2013

Hi Andy

It was really nice meeting you and Gorge on the trip, your photographs and video show what an excellent tip it was, and I can't wait to go back to Morocco next year

Hi Pete

yes it was great to meet and travel with you. it was a special trip wasn't it, we drove some great trails and had good fun

andy

Andy - sorry, a late 'thanks' for that list. Sounds sensible. I am re-evaluating sliders now. But Rather think is shall make some in much thinner lighter material as steps rather than sliders. I have found steps invaluable for getting to roof tent etc in the past.

yeah Chris - thats why i sourced some 2nd hand colorado side steps - albeit with no brackets (my old ones were long gone) and fabricated new brackets to fit them
so still had steps to clamber around vehicle

had a look under a friends 2013 Hilux (might be getting one of these next) on saturday and it looked pretty tight for fitting sliders anyway, no holes in chassis to fit bolts through, and tight on top of chassis rails.

oh - no benefit of having a body lift on a "overlanding" vehicle either, just raises COG and lessens mpg probably

Looks like you had a great trip, were the dune driving shots in Erg Shebbi near Merzouga ?

Bent my steering arm there after getting too brave jumping a
large dune

Just noticed how you pegged your Fox Wing out Andy. I don't put the pegs inline with the poles but further round, so they pull that bay tight, work my way round like that and then no need for the strap on the last one to be super tight. Doing that I've never needed to guy the middle of the bays as you did and it doesn't take very long to put up/down at all. Interesting that the troopy has OEM steel wheels on it :icon-cool:

Looks like you had a great trip, were the dune driving shots in Erg Shebbi near Merzouga ?

Bent my steering arm there after getting too brave jumping a
large dune

Yep that was one for the two areas we did dune driving, the other was the cheggaga? dunes

Just noticed how you pegged your Fox Wing out Andy. I don't put the pegs inline with the poles but further round, so they pull that bay tight, work my way round like that and then no need for the strap on the last one to be super tight. Doing that I've never needed to guy the middle of the bays as you did and it doesn't take very long to put up/down at all. Interesting that the troopy has OEM steel wheels on it :icon-cool:

i will have to try that Jon sounds nifty, lost that strap after alps, you have reminded me to have another look for it in garage!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back