Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80 Series so far

Richfergy

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi folks - not something I have done before, but apparently people like to see what folk have done to their trucks, I know I find it interesting to see other peoples modifications, so given I have nowt else to do - thought would share my progress so far. Been a 2 year journey so far with help from Phoenix Autos and West Coast 4x4.
In short - things I have added or changed:
Ironman Suspension upgrade - springs and shocks with a 2" lift
New steel wheels and the Goodrich AT tyres
Ironman front winch bar
Ironman 9" driving lights
ARB compressor mounted in the engine bay
Ironman Drawer system in the rear
Drop down fridge slide and Sno Master Classic fridge
FrontRunner Slimline Roofrack
Bundutop Tent
Ostrich Wing Awning
BluntForce cargo net to separate rear cargo area (protect dogs basically :))
Escape Gear front seat covers
Leisure battery and separate electric system isolated from the twin battery start set up - comprising of:-
Victron 110A AGM Battery
CTEK D250SA DC Charger
NASA Clipper Battery Monitor
Victron 500VA Inverter
2 Double USB front and 1 rear
1 Cigarette lighter point front and rear
Bank of switches for (tent, fridge, lights, power sockets, compressor) + fuse box etc.
Couple of new body panels including removing the rear window and steel plating

Mmm blimey - it mounts up when you write it down. Sure I have missed something. Next on the list (apart from getting front windows to work) is a Rear Bumper and wheel carrier, Winch, Auto Box Oil Cooler - always a list - onwards and upwards and hope will get the chance to use it properly later in the year!

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpg
    IMG_3746.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_3751.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 166
Very tidy and my second favourite colour too!

Good pick on the tent and awning, currently weighing up the options for both. Been living without both for a while and need to pull the trigger. Also my second favourite colour also :).

Alot of nice touches there, not sure about the defender wing mirrors. Nice truck.

Alot of nice touches there, not sure about the defender wing mirrors. Nice truck.

Lol - I know, it was as early decision as one side was smashed and I hadn't appreciated how easy to get a replacement, suggestion to get Defender ones for ease and cheap replacements. Just looks like she has big ears - I've sort of got used to it now. :)

Quick question, did you order the seat covers directly from escape gear website in SA? How do you rate them? Many thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I ordered mine directly from them, I love mine just be careful when washing as they can shrink so fit them back on the seat whilst still slightly wet.

Quick question, did you order the seat covers directly from escape gear website in SA? How do you rate them? Many thanks
Hi Luis - yes I did order direct. THey were great - easy to deal with. I absolutely love the seat covers, great quality, reasonably easy to put on. A great buy I would defo recommend!
Rich

Nice truck! What are your plans with it?
Just getting out would be a nice start :) -= ultimately the dream is overland from UK back to Kenya where I was born. Quite when I am not sure - but start with a vision I guess and the truck is getting there now

If you order EG covers, I believe that you can have them embroidered. When I bought mine, I wasn't told that and they came plain. The sample ones had the porcupine logo on them and looked so much better.

That's good to know can be embroidered, I think I will try the dash mat for me and mate first, not the hottest country here, just like the storage. What customs did you pay on them, if you remenber, is the 20%.
Not had much luck ordering from about, my wit's end order done in March been stuck god knows where is it!

AFAIAW the embroidery is only on the headrests. I bought seat covers, dash and transmission covers for the 100 series directly from them. I had to send a fair selection of photos of the interior to get everything exactly right. I asked for embroided everything but only the headrests came so.
the pockets on the dash mat are more useful than you think.

Hi Richfergy, Loving what you've done so far always more to do though lol.
Do you have more info on the split charge system? was it a kit you bought and how easy was it to fit?
I'm looking to do something similar but with added solar panel on the roof. Is that possible with your set up?
Cheers
Barry

Back