Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Well figured I'd best put a pic up of the finished article, reg plate bracket now on and lamp wired up, plate on and can see the new lights with the spare on. I've ordered a wheel cover for the spare too.
It's sat on the 33's currently so the spare no longer lives underneath
20160728_211609.jpg

Would recommend these kaymar carriers, not cheap if buy new but an excellent bit of kit.

I really like the carrier Gary but there's no way that's a 33" on it and why on earth would anyone go down from 35's ?

Last edited:
That's the 35 mate. Had to get the reg plate in the right place and make sure could see the new lights.

I run 255/85r16 (33") as an everyday day tyre, the 35 spare had to live in the boot. I'll probably leave the 35s on when swap back tbh as the spare has a home

FB_IMG_1468096088474.jpg

That's the difference between my tyres.
The stock rims have the 255s on and the black steels have the 35s.

I'd like the 255s on the railer. I had 3 at one point if memory serves ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah i assumed your truck was a weekender with you having a company car so the 35's would be permanent .

Ah i assumed your truck was a weekender with you having a company car so the 35's would be permanent .

It's mainly a weekender tbh mate but it's not off road every weekend and does family duties. Up until now the 35 went in the boot, nowhere for a fridge, push chair and storage for camping etc reduced. Of course when they get swapped back over now it might be a different story lol.

Emma drives the beemer day to day, let's me drive it now and again!

Now the 35s are back on i thought I'd take a side pic showing the wheel carrier.
Got a cover for the tyre too. Just about squeezes over the 35, £13 from e bay made of the finest pleather lol

Also bought a breakaway cable that hooks on just in case the clamp fails, was £2 and came across it at the local auto jumble

20160903_093429.jpg
20160904_151842.jpg

These miles are racking up on the old girl!!

20161231_135926.jpg

So guessing that's over 7,000 gallons of fuel :) looking good

Well not much to update with the old girl but been buying goodies.

Now I've got a swing out I've been wanting to make a fold up table to attach to it, I've found when camping just having the tailgate deck for cooking etc a pain when I need to get something out the drawers. well time being short and the price being good I bought something from @stan which turned up today.

Frontrunner fold up table.
20170405_210721.jpg

20170405_210655.jpg

Pull out wooden board section which can be swapped to the other side with a bracket change (I'll need to do that)
20170405_210631.jpg

20170405_210739.jpg

Just need to make a frame/mount to attach to the kaymar, already have an idea on this.
It might not quite fit in the gap when the swing out is closed but I've still got to make a fridge slide, if not I'll make an extra bit to store it on/under the slide.

Thats a great Idea for a table. Would work well on barn door type rear doors

Back