Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Had a little parcel land today for the 80, as I discovered last weekend my cb has given up. I have it mounted on the side of the centre console above the trans, I think the heat around there has got to it as been playing up a while.

I'm going to relocate it to above the stereo so bought one suitable

20170908_172101.jpg

Should fit nicely in the slot with minor filing, this thing is small, 100mm x 102mm x 25mm

Just need to look how to secure it within the dash.

Edit.... it fits quite nicely in the dash
20170908_194720.jpg

Last edited:
Aaaaagh!

Isn't that the coveted slide-out drinks holder aperture Gary?

Sacrilege... :scared-eek:

Aaaaagh!

Isn't that the coveted slide-out drinks holder aperture Gary?

Sacrilege... :scared-eek:

It's never had a cup holder just a wasted slot, I thought about fitting one but I mount my tablet below there.....

Haven't had to do any modification to the trims either! It's a nice tight fit.
Just need to mount an external speaker and will be a good un

It's never had a cup holder just a wasted slot, I thought about fitting one but I mount my tablet below there.....

Only teasing, the same slot in my dash was empty for years before I got the cup holder from Karl. It's the same CB unit as mine Gary, kindly gifted by Shayne... it works just fine (now).:thumbup:

I just need to connect the swr meter and make sure the antenna is all good still,
Tidy the wiring and refit the centre console.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Doesnt your tablet like coffee?..:icon-wink:

Had the cb back out and put the swr meter on, a nice 1.5 reading. At least I know it's not a poorly tuned antenna that finished off The old unit.
Insulated under the console/trans tunnel too, no heated cup holder now!

Gave my winch a test as hasn't been used for a while, took the plasma off and checked it over too, it was fairly dry which is good.
It's due an oil change as been 12 months but it can wait a few weeks.

[QUOTE="
Well the 80 still does it's duty and now very dusty inside as the lanes were quite dry.[/QUOTE]

If the inside became dusty even if you had the windows closed, it may be due to one or more plastic pannels (4 off) are missing on a box section at the rear. You can check from where the spare wheel fits looking back towards the tailgate.

Love the black paintwork

[QUOTE="
Well the 80 still does it's duty and now very dusty inside as the lanes were quite dry.

If the inside became dusty even if you had the windows closed, it may be due to one or more plastic pannels (4 off) are missing on a box section at the rear. You can check from where the spare wheel fits looking back towards the tailgate.

Love the black paintwork[/QUOTE]

Someone foolishly had their window open and the sunroof :whistle: that reminds me it needs hoovering out lol.

Thanks, the black is nice but it can be a curse, it shows everything lol.

Well just put a new valve on for the rear washer, it was spraying front and rear at the same time:lol:

A new set of boots are on the way and due in the next couple of days :icon-biggrin:
Won't be on for Lincomb as the wheels are getting re done first.

Good choice of boots my truck wears them and what offroading i have done they keep you going but when things get sticky they dont half dig in they do hum a bit on tarmac but am more than happy with them hope you enjoy yours

Fitted the new tyres today, noticeably heavier then the bfg km's they've replaced.
Balanced up really well, the most weight was 105 grams.
Only done 2 miles driving home with the old tyres on the roof, will see how they perform
20171014_101854.jpg

Nice one Gary, looking smart!

What size are they?

Nice one Gary, looking smart!

What size are they?

Cheers.
35x12.50r15.

Well been for a little drive to scrub them in a bit.
Bit less road noise so will see how it goes as they wear in.

Just need some wet tarmac and off road now to fully test them.

35x12.5x15

That must be equivalent to what in metric, 315x80x15?

To get a 35" on my 16" rims I'd need 315/75/16 I recon... that would be marginally under 35"

Back