Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Area behind the arch extension flatted and primed, the edge needed a good clean up where it's sealed to the inner arch. The paint was rubbed through by the arch extension too.
That's the extent of my involvement apart from re fitting it all

View attachment 131233

View attachment 131234

Nice work Gary, clearly, you have the skills.

Rather envious of that. :thumbup:

Picked up the new passenger wing and dropped off the drivers side.
Another flawless paint job from my mate

20170805_141909.jpg

20170805_141856.jpg

Now to fully bolt it up and try match the pin stripe down the side.

Reactions: Ben
Looks great Gary. :thumbup:

Did you fit a genuine wing or aftermarket? :think:

Looks great Gary. :thumbup:

Did you fit a genuine wing or aftermarket? :think:

Cheers.

It's a genuine wing, not brand new.

It's a refurbished one from Garry at 80breaker. I went over last month to pick up and choose one.

They're really well done and have only had minor repair work. The repair I've had to do on my drivers side is bigger.

Gorgeous. Need to do mine but its the daily driver too. Might invest in a part time car to help give me the time windows

Gorgeous. Need to do mine but its the daily driver too. Might invest in a part time car to help give me the time windows

Cheers.

It does help not being a daily, picked up the now painted drivers wing but rain has stopped play.
I don't have to worry if it stays in bits for a bit longer. It'll have a day or so in the bodyshop too when it's back together.

Planning on some laning while I'm off work, it's going to be like the first scratch all over again :shock:

The missus has informed me I'm banned from spending anymore on the 80 for a while lol. Time for that hilux :whistle::lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine announces such things so often i no longer hear her

She sort of has a point tbh, by the time I've paid my mate for the paint work, the brakes, cat converters, sorting the fuelling plus various other bits over the last couple of months I've easily spent £1500, I was informed of that last night lol.

She got a new clutch in her car and the screen wash topped up, not sure what her problem is :lol:

Sometimes you just need expert help.
Eventually stopped raining so got the drivers side wing on and sealer applied where the wings meet the inner arch, hopefully stone chip it in the morning.

Arch extensions should be done tomorrow too just to pick up and bolt everything back together

20170810_152105.jpg

20170810_152103.jpg

All back to its shiny glory

20170812_154616.jpg

20170812_154639.jpg

20170812_154631.jpg

One new wing, one new lamp, one repaired wing and some bits of paintwork done. It's all blended in nicely without having to paint the whole thing.
No stripes lol.

Tank is brimmed with 98 octane and I'll monitor the mpg over the next few tanks to see what difference the new fuel adjustments make.

What size are your tyres Gary?

I've hunted for those, future purchase, but coukd never find them. Didn't known if they were in funny money size. Ta!

I'm on a 15 inch wheel so easy to get hold of. Having to use a 6mm spacer with a big offset to clear the brakes.
I had the wheels/tyres before the 80 (bought for my trooper)

We've both got the same problem Nick, I can't get 305/70/16 in AT KO2s anywhere.

I'm contemplating swapping to At's at some point tbh, the Mt's are overkill for my actual usage on lanes etc, these break traction too easily in the wet too.

Back