Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 90 series colorado, laning spec to begin with..

They look really good Danny.

My only comment would be to make them wider, to protrude to the same line as your wheel rims.

But they will be good as they are. I've been saved body damage so many times just by my tubular steel ARB steps, they don't pretend to be sliders, but they really have saved me from grief a load of times.

A quick edit after looking back to your photos, they look near enough in line with your wheel rims already :icon-redface: sorry...

They look really good Danny.

My only comment would be to make them wider, to protrude to the same line as your wheel rims.

But they will be good as they are. I've been saved body damage so many times just by my tubular steel ARB steps, they don't pretend to be sliders, but they really have saved me from grief a load of times.

A quick edit after looking back to your photos, they look near enough in line with your wheel rims already :icon-redface: sorry...
Yes they are inline but the extra section at the rest actually comes out further making it look deceiving. :)

Finally got a round to welding the rock sliders up.. will try and get them and the roof rack painted next. Also have a snorkel to fit too. Then plan a few off roading trips to use it!

Little update, everything came to a halt as my transfer box died in April, after various orders and shipping costs from around the world I finally have parts to rebuild it.
However while the truck has sat waiting to be fixed it decided the start leaking diesel from either the tank or 1 if the 3 flexible hoses. The tank is now out.
Will treat the floor and rear chassis while I have access too.

IMAG2674.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Little update, everything came to a halt as my transfer box died in April, after various orders and shipping costs from around the world I finally have parts to rebuild it.
However while the truck has sat waiting to be fixed it decided the start leaking diesel from either the tank or 1 if the 3 flexible hoses. The tank is now out.
Will treat the floor and rear chassis while I have access too.

View attachment 127505

Hi Danny I've just had issues with a leaking fuel tank on my D4D. Turned out I had 2 perforations, one on the side and one on the top where the fuel sender unit fits. The tank had been off in the PO's ownership as the stack pipe unit had been replaced along with the straps. The tank protecter was missing which I didn't realise until I got the petrol one which had one on, probably something to do with all the bolts holding the thing on being sheared off.
The leaks I temporarily repaired with RTV silicon ( wire brush on grinder, clean off with brake cleaner, prime with zinc primer and apply the silicon) this always works, as its what we've done numerous times on sumps, fuel tanks etc at work.
I got a like new tank and protector off a guy on ebay for £110 which I've had blasted, primed and thickly painted with truck chassis polyurethane paint so it should last well.
However when I fitted the tank and brimmed it I still had a leak, its the small breather pipe from the top of the tank which has a valve underneath to prevent this happening, this just wants checking as I've got a tank of fuel to burn off before I drop it off ( yet again) to cure the problem.
While the tank was off I looked at the underneath which is in the same state as yours and just invested in a couple of aerosols of chain lube and coated it all with that.
When I get a new valve and breather pipe and get it fitted I will stand the tank on its end and fill it up to check for leaks before I refit it.

I have a complete tank here which actually is Trevors which I had as an option but didn't use, It has surface rust but is solid and might be an option for you. They ask a lot of money at breakers for these and Trevors is more reasonably priced.

I am wondering if the valve is blocked causing the tank to pressurize? It would leak on a hot day. Cold days it was fine.

Little tlc while I got fuel tank out. Raptor coated the boot floor and sills, also my rock sliders as not been able to get in the paint booth at work.
Tank doesn't look like its leaking now cleaned, think the pressure/breather valve was blocked and Old flexible fuel pipes let the fuel seep through.
Tank bank in tomorrow .Need to rust repair tank guard though :(

IMAG2696.jpg

Have to rethink fuel tank guard, was planning to clean and raptor! No I think I will have to make a new one. All good fun aye...

IMAG2699.jpg

Roof rack raptor'd black. Transfer box in the final stages of build so fingers crossed I can finish it and fit this week! Also fitting new uj's to rear prop. Can't wait to be driving this again.

IMAG2700.jpg

Well tonight I wanted to keep momentum on the truck, tanks guard rusty so can't fit, let down by bearing company/DHL so last bearing for transfer box hasn't arrived meaning I can't fit that. So I cut holes in the front wing :) got it fitting up very well so tomorrow I will be sealing the joins as I final assemble the intake.

IMAG2703.jpg

Transfer box rebuild finally complete. Planning to fit tonight.
Here's a few if the parts replaced.

IMAG2701.jpg

More progress!! So much happening. Roof rack painted and wood in place so ready for fitting.
Stage 1 of fuel tank protection complete, I made up the guard from a quick sketch of my rotten standard one. This is test fit prior to making the mounts.

Next job: go and get dirty fitting transfer box.

IMAG2711.jpg IMAG2709.jpg

It's alive! Last couple of days seen the rebuilt transfer box fitted,snorkel on and rock sliders, today I have waxed it and fitted my roof rack, nice to finally see all my ideas and fabrication coming together. Really loving this truck!

IMAG2748.jpg IMAG2747.jpg

Finished fabricating my fuel tank protection today so just sprayed it raptor black to match sliders. Will fit tomorrow and take pictures. A local group have a punch challenge event on Sunday so I am going to give the Colorado a work out!!

Back