Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 90 series colorado, laning spec to begin with..

Externally the truck is about complete at last. So happy with it. Just fitted the light bar and my new (home made) fuel tank guard.
It my not be an 80 series but in my opinion a pretty tough 90 series :).

Next stage will be camping kit and storage in the back.

IMAG2786.jpg IMAG2787.jpg IMAG2784.jpg IMAG2783.jpg

Thanks guys, just got a matching spare wheel so that's a new job on the list to get mounted up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I really like the look of the almost standard front end. You have incorporated the winch nicely.

Awesome. I'm waiting to get mine sorted out and get my licence back after my accident. Then I'm planning on a few p&p sites like Piccadilly Wood, Yarwell , Bures Pit ect...then a few laning trips like wales and Salisbury plains

As the temperature has increased I thought it was time to fix the leaking fuel line at the tank.. also believed to be the cause of an intermittent cutting out after first cold start.

20180416_171042.jpg

As the tank is out I am.also going to tackle the replacement of the rear shocks. The need cutting out! That will complete the suspension then.
And the final job before using again will be the front drive shaft and uj replacement on the driverside. I have a horrible cluck/banging at full load and the noise is from that area.

Rear shocks are removed... want to get a longer rear brake flex hose to fit while I am in the mood for working on it.
20180416_182805.jpg
this was the easy one to remove. The other side the lower inner had seized to the axle so had to carefully cut it off.

Fuel tank is ready to go back in and the new shocks are waiting to be bolted up. Then move to the front end to replace drive shaft and might do lower ball joints and wheel bearings with it apart.

Been fault finding an ongoing noise... unfortunately I have narrowed it down the the transfer box again. When I replaced the bearings and seals I never replaced the chain as it "appeared" to look fine and the drive gears looked fine.
I have removed the front prop and the noise has stopped.

While I wait for a transfer box chain and the 2 gears I am driving 2wd. Thought I would delve into the metal rack and start creating again. This is stage one below. Having to pull out draws on ballbearing sliders. Will ply board to top and make access for the space either side of the 2 draws.

20180511_191339.jpg 20180511_191409.jpg

Little up date as not been on here for a long time, truck is still working well, I replaced the transfer case chain and gears which fixed my clunk, no real upgrades to talk of as been busy build a garage and work space as well as a VX220. I haven't managed to get out on any trips this year so need to get planning so I make good use of it.

hmm any pics of the transfer case chain replacement. This could be pretty helpful to others. Sorry if you mentioned it before, but where did you source the chain too?

I have a thread covering my transfer case rebuilding somewhere on here but that was bearings and seals, it was 4k later my clunk started, all my parts came from Amayam. I never covered the chain replacement as I just cracked on with it, removed transfer case stripped enough to get chain and drive gears off, refit new parts etc, assembled, sealed and refitted on a Saturday working on my drive.
Will check my old phone and see if I took the odd pic on brew stops.

Much appreciated. As these trucks get on with age and miles, I think it will become an increasingly more popular repair. Mine has 250k and the "clunk" is at a point where I'd rather look into repairing it sooner than latter. If I get another 100k miles clunk free I'd be happy after that. I saw a video of some russian person who actually removed a link in the chain and put it back on. But for the sake of a new chain, I didn't think it would be worth it.

Much appreciated. As these trucks get on with age and miles, I think it will become an increasingly more popular repair. Mine has 250k and the "clunk" is at a point where I'd rather look into repairing it sooner than latter. If I get another 100k miles clunk free I'd be happy after that. I saw a video of some russian person who actually removed a link in the chain and put it back on. But for the sake of a new chain, I didn't think it would be worth it.

Its the stretched links that misalign on the sprocket gears that cause the jump/clunk. Removing a link would not fix this, just create metal filings as the teeth get worn away.
I ran mine for quite awhile in 2wd, I removed front prop and locked transfer box, even went off roading and it coped great with rear diff lock engaged.

Danny are you in wellingborough? I'm sure I see this truck on occasion.

Sam

Back