Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My European Road Trip with my Cruiser!

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Hi Guys, I recently done a road trip with my 90 series Land cruiser. It was a bit of a quick decision and not a lot of planning went into it. It was more of go with the flow. Anyway I was a bit worried at first as I am pretty sure at least the Gasket is gone on my engine, and maybe the head is cracked as well as it uses water every now and then and a bit of oil. I was planning on rebuilding the other engine I have, but never got round so I bit the bullet and went with her as she is. I never even got time for a oil change or any servicing what so ever. But I will tell you now that I made it Back home without a problem. Only thing was that before I went I knew all the disc needed to be changed but there was no time so I had to leave them for when I got back. Is it good for disc to last about 150,000 miles?

My route, Started at Milton Keynes UK (home), drove to dover, ferry to calais. First stop was Holland for 2 nights. Then a long drive to the swiss alps. The drive there was amazing! Then to Millano, Italy, then a long drive to Barcelona, spain. Then a long drive back through france (seen paris already so no need to stop) to calais and back home.

Overall the trip was about 4500 Miles which is about 7500 km. She drank a bit of water and oil at the swiss alps which was very hilly (gradients of over 7%) but she done very well and I was very surprised. I averaged about 450 miles a tank averaging 70-75 (occasionally 80+) with 7 people and few suitcases.

Anyway, here are some pics. I can only upload 4, so I will choose the best ones.

Holland
CarHolland.jpg

Swiss alps- climbed up to 3000 metres!
Swiss1.jpg

Swiss4.jpg

Swiss1.jpg

Swiss3.jpg

Spot the cruiser in Monaco
Spotit.jpg

Monaco.jpg

Parris, Also Drove on the highest Bridge in Parris- In the clouds
France.jpg

More pics are here. http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/Beau168/Toyota Landcruiser/

Anyway Im very surprised of her, and that we made it back without any issues, when I am pretty sure the head is cracked! She done good for a 14 year old truck with 150,000 miles on the clock!

Very nioce trip indeed. 150,000 miles on a set of disks, I would say that is very good indeed :o

Good trip - cannot have had much luggage with 7-people on board
good miles on a tank - I have only ever managed 450miles on a tank once - and that was driving down through France at 55mph on the autoroute

We only dropped one set of seats at the rear and then the rest of the space was just suitcases and bags. It was full to the Brim!

I think if I was to go even slower doing about 60 or so where it just about kicks into top gear, I could manage 500 + miles off the tank. When I was had her I could easily manage 500 miles on the tank doing 70+ without going into the reserve tank.

Regarding the disc, anyone know where is best to buy a complete set with new brakes pads. I am thinking of upgrading to grooved and slotted disc for better braking performance. I have seen a good set on ebay with 4 disc and 4 mintex pads for £165. Is this good?

If not then I would just buy Genuine Toyota Disc as 150,000 miles on a set of disc seems to be very good.

Thanks, I will give him a go. :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
nice places!!!! :clap:
i hope next time to visit south europe ,balcans and of course ..GREECE.. the mountains here are amazing..and of course you will be my guest :) :p
for any info do not hesitate to contact me..

:lol: I will definitely do the trip again, wlll be in touch!

Last edited:
Back