Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my grey 80

Yep, I've seen the alludsions but that's all - no pics JW? :shifty:

Here you go Gav, the rear bumper which is a Frogs Island one I modified with recovery points and tow hitch.

IMAG1782.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Took it for a long ish motorway run today, steady 60-65, did 30.4mpg :wtf: that's not bad with it now having a fair bit of extra weight to carry and the drag of a roof tent up top, guess it was worth doing the pump timing and exhaust :icon-cool:

Wow thats impressive. Was it a downhill section of M62 :)

Errrmmm.

When can you book me in for the pump and pipe mod Jon? Only playing. That mpg is very good though.

I knew it was doing ok when it go to 300 miles and the needle was still just above half way :icon-cool:

You will have to keep us posted on total miles to a full tank.

Im going to the south coast then across to Cornwall in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing what I can get from a full tank on a run.

Not very often I go far enough to use a full tank in one go and checking the mpg means I've brimmed it again so it'll take me a while to use it all up again! Was running quite heavy with 125l in the aux tank as well.

I have gone back to standard pump vacuum pipe arrangement since doing the pump timing and exhaust because I was getting quite a bit of black smoke now. The plan was to put it back to standard and then tweak the pump in the normal way but I can't tell any drop in performance whereas when doing the mod in the first place it was very different. Must be the having the pump timing correct and maybe exhaust. Doesn't do that strange neutral throttle surging thing any more either :think:

It looks like I need to come and visit you soon as my trucks MPG has gone down from 29mpg to about 25mpg and I also try and keep the speed to about 60-65mph on the open road.

I haven't been following Snow Whites build very closely Marius but have you not added considerable wieght with an Arb bumper and maybe bigger tyres ? More wieght and lesser aerodynamics will inevitably result in worse fuel consumption .

I have added a lot of weight to my truck with the ARB stuff but it looks like Jon got 30.4mpg with his roof top tent, Long range fuel tank with 125l of diesel in it and a beautiful but heavy looking rear bumper. I'm running on 265 75 16 BF AT tyres at the moment so I don't think the problem is over sized wheels.

Fuel consumption can never be worked out accurately unless you actually drain the tank to see whats left or drive until you run out . You look at the fuel gauge and guestimate . I think you probably have lost a little by way of mpg coz of the mods but the real difference between yours and Jon's consumption results from using different guestimators .

Fuel consumption can never be worked out accurately unless you actually drain the tank to see whats left or drive until you run out . You look at the fuel gauge and guestimate . I think you probably have lost a little by way of mpg coz of the mods but the real difference between yours and Jon's consumption results from using different guestimators .

Point taken. I don't want to hijack Jon's thread.

Of course it can be worked out accurately, you don't need look at the fuel gauge, you start with a full tank then do a set number of miles, brim the tank see how many litres went in and Bobs your mothers brother. Now if you were referring to how many miles from a tank full rather than how many miles to a gallon/litre, that's different.

Of course it can be worked out accurately, you don't need look at the fuel gauge, you start with a full tank then do a set number of miles, brim the tank see how many litres went in and Bobs your mothers brother. Now if you were referring to how many miles from a tank full rather than how many miles to a gallon/litre, that's different.

I guess that would work if you parked on level ground and your fuel tank was perfectly square . When my boat fuel gauge says empty it actually means i have more than half a tank left coz the lower half of the tank is much bigger than the upper half .

Back