Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My kzj 70 series

cruiser 3.0 70

I put this led lamp on the weekend and wired it into the rear wiper loom which I removed because the motor was seized so took feck all time at all happy with the way it worked out,since I've got my kzj I've repaired a small rust hole drained the cooling system an refilled with coolant,fitted two new front shocks,and brake discs and pads,rear shoes,new clutch master and slave cylinder seals,a CD player,kingpin bearings,fitted front spot lights welded up the leaky exhaust,fitted new bulb in the dash for the door open light,got the heater working,drained all oils and replaced,fitted new front wiper linkage,:icon-surprised:Put a set 225 75 16 of bfg km2s,new window winder handle,new ball hitch and 10.9 bolts,2nd rear tail light,I'm sure there is other stuff I 4got and there's lots more to do.all my future work I'll try and put up pictures And 1 day I might get as many views as Ben but I doubt it:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 296
:lol:

Nice work. Light looks nice and bright. :thumbup:

Just some work pics from Friday 3.0l trooper came in with smoke bellowing out of the rear l/h hub oil seal had failed and oil came out onto the brakes, and heated up under braking fitted new bearing while in there along with the seals

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
[Should I mount these,they are pair of trooper roof rails I found in work while doing a clean out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 215
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi all was doing a bit of off-roading a while back up the hill near me after about an hour of going up and down hills my cruiser started throwing out white smoke:icon-madI didn't think to much of it at the time as I was going up and down some steep hills and I though it might be some excess oil being burned off so after a while it didn't get any better and checked for coolant and it was a bit low so I topped it up which I didn't mind again to much as I knew I had a minor leak in the rad.
in the mean time I had also changed the oil and filters,so it was a couple of weeks later before I got to drive it again and and brought it for a good long spin and it didn't get any better it wes throwing out white smoke like a dry ice machine having a fit.checked the coolant again it took 1.5 litres to bring it back up so I really had to face up to it and admit that something serious was wrong which I didn't want to believe :violin:.so I pressure tested the cooling system to 1.5bar and found no leak? So the headgasget so gone and leaking in on top of the pistons and burning off,or the head is cracked and doing the same.so this evening topped up the coolant started her and left it tick over for about 45 mins till it was good and hot then started to take out the glow plugs an disconnect the fuel pump an pressurised the cooling system while it was still hot. The theory was while it was still hot if the head or gasget was gone some coolant mite leek down on top of the piston and when I turned the engine over it would shoot out the glow plug hole so i got her good self to turn over the ignition while I was watching and out pooped a little puff of something out of cylinder n.o 2 so bollox to it:icon-twisted:.so what to do next sell her scrap her what after much consideration not really I'm going to fix it I'm in no rush and I don't think I could get 1 in as good as nick again so I'll save her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 151
Sorry to see/hear that mate. :thumbdown:

So whats your plan to fix it? New engine or just a new head? :think:

You've got me worried now, my 1KZ-T must be getting close to 220,000 miles! :|

Thanks Ben when I get a chance I'm gona take the head off just to see what the damage is done and go from there, want to take out the rad and get that fixed too. Have loads of little jobs that need doing to my write them all down and tick them off as I go along so I can keep track of things. Anyway I'm sure you should be working on yours and less jibber jabbering on here:clap::dance:

So whats your plan to fix it? New engine or just a new head? :think:

You've got me worried now, my 1KZ-T must be getting close to 220,000 miles! :|[/QUOTE]

Back