Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My little trip out today

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Woke up today and there was only an inch and a half of snow, so Mrs Trev wanted to pop out to do a bit of shopping. Would have taken a couple of hours but ended up being about 5. A fun day all in all, not as hardcore as you all like it but fun all the same.

Setting off

P1010750.jpg

And we arrive, just started to snow quite nicely

P1010757.jpg

An hour later when we leave

P1010760.jpg

A small bridge over the A34 where I did my first recovery (Mrs Trev a bit embarressed to get the camera out)

P1010758.jpg

Poor buggers on the A34

P1010763.jpg

Continued on

P1010767.jpg

The car I recovered earlier had decided not to go on the A34 and continue so on his 2nd recovery from me

P1010768.jpg

I had to use low range and the centre diff to get him moving, couldn't understand why as the last one uphill had been a doddle. He kept putting full right lock on and then was sliding all over the place behind me. Muppet had left his handbrake on.

P1010769.jpg

I had to tow him about 4 miles to get him back onto an A road

P1010770.jpg

Good deed done and heading home

P1010774.jpg

P1010777.jpg

Going over the M40

P1010781.jpg

P1010782.jpg

Had a shovel in the LC but wasn't expecting to dig me way in

P1010786.jpg

"Used me truck proper like" shot

P1010790.jpg

Looks like you had fun, thanks for sharing those with us Trev :thumbup:

I like the Slow Down to 50 sign on this one :D :D :D :D
P1010781.jpg

Nice pictures Trevor, thanks for posting them.

Btw, there seems to be a strange yellow sticker on your front windscreen :p

I see you didn't have to bother hiding your front number plate :dance:

Ah yes, there seems to be some bird crap landed on your windscreen by your mirror :whistle:

Well, on this occassion I was happy to remind Mrs Trev that it's her camera and my LC, I'll drive mine and she can drive hers. :D

Second time I've been busted for the Diamond, but as I'm not currently in the BBS Club then I display with pride. However, I think it's time to consider having a similar logo'd sticker for ELCO, then I can display the two together.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Trevor said:
...However, I think it's time to consider having a similar logo'd sticker for ELCO, then I can display the two together.

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Hmmmm, has this been discussed before by any chance?

nice one and the audi looked like it had a quattro badge on front too!

As some of you may know via this forum, I'm still shaking off the Newbie jacket which the trip to Salisbury helped. Today was the first chance to drive in decent snow and I'm pleasantly suprised and amazed at just how sure footed the LC can be.

I'm still learning to drive this thing properly but it continues to allow for my mistakes and make me look good, there is something extremely satisfiying about tackling road conditions that car drivers really struggle in. Don't think I have had a grin on my face all day like that for years.

Actually the last grin like that was the last time I got into the Cruiser thinking about it.

Get ready for the night stage then, good excuse to buy some new spot lights ;)

Already thinking about that one, just need my bumper first from the Group Buy. Might have to duck out of the night stage this time round (nothing to do with the lights, my navigation is pants) unless something is happening during the day as well.

Back