Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My New Truck

Sounds sweet, but let's not stray too far from "jugsrus" momma momma, MMmmmm....... wouldn't you love to be her breast fed kid :cool: Oh and pleased for you with the conversion, sounds good m8 :thumbup:

As requested, here are some pictures posted on behalf of John the Dark Dude,

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

I'm being serious - the images are showing as "This image has been moved or deleted". Can others see Nick's pictures or is he the only one?

Andrew Prince said:
Can others see Nick's pictures or is he the only one?
I can see them. Those standard rear springs look very thin when the axle is hanging down. Looks like a nce truck though, and well done Nick for getting the pics up on behalf of Dark Dude. :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can see them too, thank goodness ( the real question should be "for how long" )? Anyway Nick, thanks again for hosting my pictures. I think they are pretty much self explanatory. Apart from the surface rust underneath the car (those rear springs really do look a bit on the thin side), I'm very happy with the way things have turned out. The 4 hole 102 litre Toroidal Valtek tank fitted in nicely into the space left by the spare wheel. I haven't measured it (YET), but the ground clearance seems very good. You will also notice that we decided to locate the LPG filler cap just below the rear bumper in the centre of the tow bar cross member. For me this has two distinct advantages.

1. I can refill the car from either side.
2. It's location means that we didn't have to mess with the bodywork.

On the topside at 1st glance the engine bay looks pretty much standard fair, with most of the LPG stuff hidden away out of sight. Alas, after much messing around, Neil had second thoughts about fitting the Flashlube system and decided to give it a miss (thanks for the heads up, Jon). Instead I'm going for the more reliable Prins Valvecare system and have it fitted the next time I'm at Billy's (Hilton LPG, Wolverhampton). Last night it was difficult to see the LPG switchover button where it had been located on the centre console. Time will tell, if this is going to work. Anyway I'm off with the wife to Morrison's (Walthamstow) later today for a bit of shopping and a petrol/LPG top-up. It would be great if I could get 260 miles out of the truck. Here's crossing fingers.

John

The Dark Dude

Andrew Prince said:
I'm being serious - the images are showing as "This image has been moved or deleted". Can others see Nick's pictures or is he the only one?
I cant see the pictures either. :thumbdown:

Can someone pls tell me what the HELL is going on, with posting pictures on this forum?

:?: :?: :?:

John

The Dark Dude

I can see the pics posted by Nick but not by John :confusion-confused: and those springs do look a bit skinny, I think I've got stronger ones in my watch :lol:

Cossack said:
I can see the pics posted by Nick but not by John :confusion-confused: and those springs do look a bit skinny, I think I've got stronger ones in my watch :lol:

Cossy

Last night on the way home from dropping off Neil, I noticed the ride was particularly hard on my spine after going over a few potholes. The disrepair on the roads around Tottenham as to be seen to be believed. The suspension was set in standard trim but it seemed and felt much harder than the day I picked up the truck from Bishop Stortford. This morning I gave it a quick spin round the block and it was business as usual, smooth as silk. I'm going to give Greg the final word when he gives the truck it's 1st service in a couple of weeks time. It shouldn't be that difficult renewing those springs, along with upgrading the rubber bushes on the front and rear anti roll bars to poly bushes. Ah well, it's only money!!!!! I reckon it's going to cost me another two grand to finally get the car up to spec. I've got five years. Better to spend now to reap the rewards later, me thinks!

BTW: I've given up on posting pictures on this forum.....I've just checked to see if the pix that I posted earlier on in this thread are back up and do you know what, they are. Like I said, I give up!

John

The Dark Dude

The picture problem is not the forum, it's because you're posting https (secure) links so us plebs can't access them. You'll probably be able to see them because the cookie that gives you access hasn't expired. Don't post the url from the address bar in your browser, post the link text the hosting site gives you ;)

yep, now if you put that between {img}{/img} (but use square brackets, I had to use { so you'd still see them!) it will be embedded rather than just a link, like this:

IMG_6412.JPG

Back from the shop. Morrisons are doing a fuel deal. Spend £40 and get 6p off per litre on your fuel up to 100 litres. Petrol was £1.42p and the LPG was 74p per litre. So we filled up! Anyway here we go again.

IMG_6412.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

Here goes nothing.

John

The Dark Dude

Thanks again Jon. I'm just so glad that at last everybody can see my "new" truck. Now get yourself off to Morrison before their pumps run dry!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

John

The Dark Dude

They're that skinny on 100's with AHC because the AHC carries a lot of the weight. Without AHC they're slightly higher spring rates than an 80 because of the extra weight.

Thanks Jon

Now I can breath a sign of relief! Oh, I've finally got a name for our truck...."Hanna"!

:dance: :pray: :thumbup:

John

The Dark Dude

Back