Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My New Truck

Nick

This really isn't funny anymore. It seems from the start that some on this forum couldn't see the pictures your posted on my truck and now I can confirm that I can't see them to. It seems that their are recurring issues posting pictures via Photobucket but I have no idea why these particular pictures have been removed from this thread. Maybe Jon, may have a better idea of what exactly is going on.....

John

The Dark Dude

I don't think they have been removed. That message relates to a broken link in PB. If you move the original or rename it or anything at all, then the link that was originally posted get snapped and no longer works. If someone in admin had deleted them, they simply wouldn't be there anymore. Nick have you been messing in your PB account with the images that you copied? Or did you do something clever by reposting a link with the correct attributes, in which case altering the original, John, would be the cause of the problem. I really don't think that there are sinister forces at work here. We have been posting away on here for a good while. And, this forum was set up as a remedy to excessive and paranoiac tinkering with our postings on another forum. So rest assured if something is going on, you will be told by an admin member.

Copy the link from PB straight into the thread text and it works like a charm. Thousands of time before without a problem. Just remember than any alterations to anything in PB will result in a broken link.

Chris

Chris, I've sent you an e-mail I received from John, I copied them to my pictures, then downloaded them onto PB and copied them into the forum, no tinkering, honest ! :think:

Cossack said:
andyw said:
Just been in a altered the size a bit, talking about size I fond this on my album.
APictureoftheCNTowerinToron.jpg
Can you see the tower ?.
I wouldn't mind her 'Towering' over me . . . BTW is that the CNN tower in the background?
Background :?: :? :drool: :p

Oh & I can't see the pics posted by Nick either :roll: :? :|

Yeah, got them Nick. Not about to start messing around with them myself. I have other things to do at the second - planning the snork fit tomorrow. But something certainly has got disconnected somewhere with the links

Hmm, I dunno. Can't help beyond that.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would also say, that when you copy the img link from PB, then any moving, renaming even breathing on it too hard, will stop it from displaying as a picture in the forum.

Perhaps is it is best to delete the images in your PB account, and then "re upload" them with new links.
Then ask one of the administrators if you can edit your post, and then paste the newer links to the said post.?

G.

From an Admin perspective, we may fix bust links in a post but will not alter a post to remove content with no discussion... And it will usually only be altered if it falls foul of the few rules and regs we have ...

Graham said:
I would also say, that when you copy the img link from PB, then any moving, renaming even breathing on it too hard, will stop it from displaying as a picture in the forum.G.
Earlier today I posted a pic from bucket that was too big when I previewed it, so I deleted that from my post and went back to bucket and re-sized, but when I then copied and pasted the link of the re-sized pic it still showed as the previous large size. :roll: I had to delete it from bucket and upload it again and resize to the required size I wanted before it could be shown correctly in my post :confusion-confused:

Cossack said:
Graham said:
I would also say, that when you copy the img link from PB, then any moving, renaming even breathing on it too hard, will stop it from displaying as a picture in the forum.G.
Earlier today I posted a pic from bucket that was too big when I previewed it, so I deleted that from my post and went back to bucket and re-sized, but when I then copied and pasted the link of the re-sized pic it still showed as the previous large size. :roll: I had to delete it from bucket and upload it again and resize to the required size I wanted before it could be shown correctly in my post :confusion-confused:

Like I said, there has to be a better way of posting pictures on this forum without all this rigmaroll.

John

The Dark Dude

There quite possibly is - we could have an in-forum gallery.

BUT - this forum is hosted at personal cost out of the goodness of someone's heart - we agreed at the outset not to consume too much resource. Thus pictures, videos, etc. will remain off-forum - you can use any one of the photo-hosting sites you want.

That means less resources used here, cuts down on maintenance requirements and you remain in control of your IP - a win-win solution.

Hope that helps clarify?

Dark Dude said:
Like I said, there has to be a better way of posting pictures on this forum without all this rigmaroll.
All of the forums I use (and its not many to be fair) run the photo insertion procedure like ours... It can be a bit of a phaff but I've never known a struggle like yours John...

At least you are up & running now though eh :cool:

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Dark Dude":2nzpor4c]Like I said, there has to be a better way of posting pictures on this forum without all this rigmaroll.
All of the forums I use (and its not many to be fair) run the photo insertion procedure like ours... It can be a bit of a phaff but I've never known a struggle like yours John...

At least you are up & running now though eh :cool:[/quote:2nzpor4c]

Well Gav, I don't know about that. Some are still having problems with Photobucket with photo's going walkies without rhyme or reason. Alas, I'm not one of them!!!!! Which is kind of a result!

John
The Dark Dude

I've got 2 photobucket accounts .... and never had any issues hosting or getting pics to show on forums.

glad you've got yours sorted now mate :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Back