Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

National Luna Twin weekender fridge freezer

Zim Chris

Country Flag
zimbabwe
National Luna 50 Litre Fridge/Freezer - Aluminium Weekender SOLD
Our fridge freezer is up for sale. This is a privately owned item, in excellent unmarked condition.

1. There are two compartments with the smaller freezer section (10 litre) having an inner lid. This compartment runs 10 degree’s C colder than the 40 litre compartment. When we used this we ran the big compartment at around 3 degree’s whilst the smaller section ran at -7degree’s C keeping our food frozen. The lid is lockable and there are two heavy-duty handles. There is a built in digital thermometer, an internal light, a turbo boost, a battery monitor and a three-stage battery protection system to avoid a flat battery. The fridge runs from 12v (e.g. car battery) or from the mains power. Both AC & DC leads are included as is the ‘jacket’ which was an accessory. This provides slightly better insulation, especially from the sun, whilst also providing protection from bumps etc. This unit is heavily insulated and cools down rapidly and then runs on very little battery power if required. We purchased this for a trip to the desert but it never went and is now up for sale as we have several other National Luna camping fridge/freezers.
Actual volume - 50 litres (40 litre fridge, 10 litre freezer). The external dimensions are:- 385mm (w) x 710mm (l) x 506mm (h) and the empty weight is 23.6 kgs.
Please see National Luna website for any further details or see the UK importer, APB Trading - a new one with the jacket is over £1000.
My price is £600.
I can email photo's to anyone interested - I don't believe I can post photo's on here as of now?

Last edited:
Hi Gav,
I have various (not for sale) other National Luna fridges freezers - an ancient 32 litre , an 80 litre and the twin 95 litre. The twin 95 litre is our favourite. It is absolutely huge and and heavy even when empty. However, for a family of six it is essential. We have done a few overlanding trips and find the capacity is needed for a large family. We have driven to southern India and another trip took us down to Sudan. We are now hoping for Syria to calm down so we can take the car home - but the other fridges shall be kept. The old 32 litre is perfect for two people when I go bush with a mate whilst the weekender is fine for say four people. We have used it and it keeps the ice cream frozen!!

National Luna twin weekender pics

Discovered how to add pics!

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 114
Yes, the big boy 95 is probably more like what I really need as we have four kids too... We have managed with the Waeco CF40 so far but I'd like a bit more space if possible.

Good luck with your sale Chris :)

Cheers

People i know that have the big 80/100l fridge freezers always say they wish they had 2 40-50l fridges to get the extra flexabilty that it will give you. plus if one were to go down you still have another one to use.

stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dear Stumog,
I am happy with my twin lid 95 litre but can appreciate your point. My 95 litre is great but, boy, when it is full it is a mission to lift. It does cater (literally) for our family of six and it coped superbly on our last overland trip as far as Sudan.
Two 40 or 50 litre fridges would make sense. I'm 6'6'' 118kg and it is an effort to lift the beast. I'm not desperate to sell any of my gear but having spares, for spares for spares is driving my wife round the bend. She counted my tents the other day and found 13 of them. She doesn't realise how vital they all are and when I pointed out that that I now need to buy another as the number 13 is s'posed to be unlucky she couldn't appreciate the sentiment.

Thanks, Gav. Its always fun stuffing everything into the car for a long camping trip when there are four kids as well. One of the nicest things about National Luna is the efficiency. The battery consumption is really low - it will run all night and the car still starts fine on a single battery - though I wouldn't push it any longer. Waeco's are good products as well.
The 95 twin is also stupidly expensive nowadays. Perhaps do what Stumog suggests and get a second fridge.

Hi Mblinko - we had a chap say he would come and collect it over the weekend (he's driving to Cape Town). If this doesn't materialise I'll let you know?
Good luck........
C.

Back