Neat Way to Remove a Dent

Mal Eade

Country Flag
england
Hi All

Neat trick this is to pop a dent out.

Anyone ever tried it

http://www.break.com/index/how-to-fix-car-dent-with-compressed-air-1971795

Not sure where the compressed air came into it ??

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

SilverLady said:
Hi All

Neat trick this is to pop a dent out
Not sure where the compressed air came into it ??

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
It's not the air itself, it's the propellent gas which is very cold so contracts the metal quickly, the can must be held upside down so you get the gas coming out not the air. I was going to try this on my 80 but I think I would need a container load of cannisters :lol: :lol:

I have an air duster can in my kitchen so will hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend.

I saw another video on YouTube which showed that this was debunked on metal bodywork, I believe there was another thread before Christmas on something similar and Crispin (I think) debated whether this only applied to plastic bodywork.

Be very interested to hear how you get on with your trial on this method.

Trevor said:
I saw another video on YouTube which showed that this was debunked on metal bodywork, I believe there was another thread before Christmas on something similar and Crispin (I think) debated whether this only applied to plastic bodywork.

Be very interested to hear how you get on with your trial on this method.

Yup, on the youtube vid which was posted he did say it was metal and not plastic. The hairdryer is to heat it and the upside down air can is to make it very, cold very quickly. I'll kick the neighbour's new car tonight and offer to try it over the weekend :lol:

I remember seeing a VW Beetle show winner that had apparently had a very dented roof before the resto started... Tom used heat & bags of frozen peas to 'pop' the dents up in a similar manner - might be worth calling in at Iceland on the way home Cris... :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well this didn't really work :( Fortunately the dent that I was trying to remove is quite small and shallow so I'm not too bothered. Was just curious to see if it would work.

Make the dent deeper first? :mrgreen:

Back