Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need: Drivers side front ABS sensor for cruiser vx80, petrol

stevoyorke

has anyone got an ABS sensor like in the photo as mine one has a small crack around the top of the stem wich could fail soon with water ingress and such as i knocked it when doing my cv joint replacement. can inbox me. cheers

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 308
  • untitled.pnguu.png
    untitled.pnguu.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 315
Re: Need: Drivers side front ABS sensor for cruiser vx80, pe

Just for the sheer shock value, have you tried the main dealer? We'll book the ambulance in advance if you tell us when you are going to call them.

These are in quite short supply. They don't last forever as the magnets tend to lose their power.

Karl might be your best hope. Or have a go at repairing. Once you see the dealer price you'll definitely be thinking about getting a tube of Araldite.

Chris

Heh, I've already had the ambulance round! How can mr T justify those prices when they probably only cost a few quid to make!. Have found a jap parts shop that sells them as front pair only for 294, then a breaker offered one for 50 quid but when I sent pic to match up, slightly different. Glue it is till I get one. Next is rear diff locker, Mr £900+. What what!, milner 385 plus vat for genuine one, getting better. Mr T need re pricing!! Heh

I recently broke my DS sensor, that was the same as yours, during an axle job. Karl managed to get hold of one for me. I think it was an older sensor as it had an all metal body. It fit straight in though and no problems at all to date...

The one from the breaker could well work.

Yes the metal and plastic ones fit the same. The metal one however, has a shim that you can remove when the magnets get weaker. This lowers the sensor tip a little and cures that ABS judder.

Chris

I will have some new genuine diff actuators and other bits next week (e.g. window rubbers) but not the ABS sensors, too late to add those to the order I'm afraid.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I will try adding some ABS sensors to my order, wouldn't mind having some spares of these myself, PM me if you'd like to know more ;)

Interesting about the metal sensor, yes breaker offered me that, had like a pin point at the end, I ll see if I can get same as mine, failing that will get that metal one from what you have said, thanks for that.

Diff actuator, how much are you selling them for?? Might be tempted to buy one when you have them in.
Cheers

you have PM ;)

I got a couple of ABS sensors onto the order in the end, give me a shout next time you're in need ;)

stevoyorke said:
Diff actuator, how much are you selling them for?? Might be tempted to buy one when you have them in.
Cheers
I may also be interested in both front and rear. Will know in a few weeks.....

Tx, Andrew

stevoyorke said:
Cheers
I may also be interested in both front and rear. Will know in a few weeks.....

Tx, Andrew

ok Andrew, as you say, let me know, have fun with the rubbers :lol:

Chris said:
Yes the metal and plastic ones fit the same. The metal one however, has a shim that you can remove when the magnets get weaker. This lowers the sensor tip a little and cures that ABS judder.

Chris
aaah, clever. I will remover that. Thanks for the tip

Jon Wildsmith said:
ok Andrew, as you say, let me know, have fun with the rubbers :lol:

Pls will you drop me a note on pricing, so that I know what to budget.

Tx

Back