Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need help with tire size on 6 inch lift

Paul Constantine

Country Flag
philippines
Hi guys, I need your help on choosing the right tire size for my cruiser which I had for quite some time now, here is my cruiser chilling at my garage

IMG_1077.png
Well I was quite the 20 inch wheel lover back then and all I got was scratches and damaged wheels, as you can see here that my crave rims barely recognizable from the time I bought it...due to the number of times I had it repaired after hitting rocks etc...

Now I am changing those aging shoes, I already bought 16x8 ROH steel rims but I am having trouble selecting the correct tire size, I am currently at 37's with 4.88 gearing. Is it ok for me to run 35's? because I am afraid that 35's would look undersized for my 6 inch suspension lift, any thoughts before I head to the tire shop? thanks

Nice truck :thumbup: if they are 37's in the pic i reckon 35's will look tiny . We each have our tastes but if that were my truck i want to put the smallest diameter wheels possible on , 8x10 maybe with the widest tyres available and maybe add a negative offset so i had to add fender flares . As i said its personal preference but i like things to be in proportion .

I would stick with 37's personally, especially if the truck ran fine with them! And as said above, a 10" wide rim would be more suited depending upon the width tyre you go.

AFAIK, For that 80, it's 16" rims minimum, width is your choice and only limited by availability, tyre height and width the same (your choice and availability.

I'd like 16x10 zero offset alloys with 315 75s BFG ATs (to give about 35" RD)

At the moment running 16x10 zero offset steels with 305 70s (giving about 33" RD)

Don't want to go to 37s because I don't want the hassle of changing diffs.

I'd stay with the 37s if I were you... they look good and if they drive well, why change? the Rims look OK to me :thumbup:

Back