Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need some help guys prettyc sharpish

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Having bother with a customers 80. Had the batteries off all day and now won't start. Alarm goes off and immobiliser kick in and fob seems to do nothing. Customer happy for me to do whatever but really need to get it going ASAP. If you would rather not discuss overriding security systems on an open forum by all means give me a call on 07834547030 or pm me a number and I'll give you a call back.

Are the alarm books in there Chris? You may be lucky to find a manual over ride there .. something along the lines of turn ignition off and on in a specific sequence.

does it have a hidden 'anti-hijack' button? on mine I have to press that or the key fob before it will start after disconnecting the battery.

further info. Found the TVSS box under drivers seat. unplugged it and back in again battery off on etc etc. still nothing. Immobiliser must be to starter as engine not turning over at all. FYI the fob I have for it is stamped TOYOTA is about the size of a 9v battery and has a single white button. Just need to get it moving for the time being I can look into what the problem is later.

Thanks in advance guys.

further info. Found the TVSS box under drivers seat. unplugged it and back in again battery off on etc etc. still nothing. Immobiliser must be to starter as engine not turning over at all. FYI the fob I have for it is stamped TOYOTA is about the size of a 9v battery and has a single white button. Just need to get it moving for the time being I can look into what the problem is later.

Thanks in advance guys.

This any use Chris: http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...iliser-problem?p=381154&viewfull=1#post381154

Cheers Jon. Was just about to give you a call and see if you had any advice. Tried the battery off ign on thing and no go. Gone home now as I can't take looking at it any more. hopefully fresh eyes in the morning will yield some results.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not much experience of the older style alarms it sounds like you're describing besides what I've read on here. Reading your description more carefully, a single white button doesn't sound like the usual fob, I thought they had 2 buttons.

When I try to start Swampy with a non programmed key the engine turns over, but does not start!

What work were you doing on it? Maybe you have an unrelated electrical fault?!

The really old ones did have a single button. Mine was like that. I did have the instruction book but no fob. Tried to get one but never managed to locate a working one. I chucked the alarm booklet. Oops.

Something like this?

IMG_0075.JPG

I thought the immoboliser part is on the actual key and doesn't work alongside the actual alarm system....?

The only reason I say this is because once I got locked out my cruiser with the alarm system active but the key fob didn't work to open the car, so I had to use the key to open it which then set off the alarm. However I could then start her up and she would drive as well (I drove home about 100 miles once with the alarm active), but the inside alarm system was active and so the ride home was very tense. This is on the 90 series so maybe the 80 is different.

Maybe it's worth re-programming the Key Fob and trying it?

Chris, check out this post. Second one down. Guy with same Cruiser and same problem. It's how to actually remove the alarm. There are pictures. This may be last resort, but it is wired into the car and can be removed so that everything works as nature intended.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-new-cruiser.520717/page-2

Hi Chris

Check the fob battery and contacts. They corrode even when dry. Is there a witness light on the fob telling you it sends a signal when the button is pressed?

Cheers guys. All sortedish. Will explain more when I get home

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Well let's just say that that this is one alarm that won't be giving any more problems.

Ah so I take it the system is now in the bucket storage system!:icon-biggrin:

A bit late now but my OE alarm had been drip fed windscreen water for long enough to corrode all the terminals as it sits above the glove box. That is now in file 13 never to be seen again!

regards

Dave

Back