Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need tyres - anyone else buying some?

A friend of mine has recently bought a VW Toe rag. He has always fitted GG AT2s to all of his 4x4s as he swears they can cope with virtually anything he can throw at them. I have to agree with this as I have thoroughly tested them myself on my Hilux and my 80. He was most disappointed when his local tyre place no longer stocked them but only had the new pattern GG AT. They offered him a good deal and so he got them fitted. He has had them on a couple of months now and he says the new GG AT is far nicer on the road with a lot less noise than the AT2 and it can handle the slippy stuff with ease. He even confessed to me the other day that he wasn't convinced they were any good at first but after trying them out and pushing them hard he is now a convert to the new pattern General Grabber AT.

I have a pair of GG AT2 going unused.
They are 265 x 65 x R17
They are both about 8mm tread.

any interest.

Gra.

Arise sleeping thread arise....

Thanks for the advice again chaps - finally got my new tyres. :thumbup:
5 gleaming new GG AT's. Much better. Look great. No noticeable noise difference.

Bottled out and went for the stock size - 265x65x17.
I'll step up next time round with a suspension upgrade.

Happy happy happy :dance:

so sam how are the new gg at's working out for you? am looking into a set of a/t's to run daily on my colorado and keep my muds for offraoad only, mpgs are down 5-6 from my old a/t tyres. the new patten looks less aggressive but how does it hold up in soft ground/muddy fields? although i appreciate its an a/t and not a mud tyre!

Back