Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Network Timeout

how long before you get the error? 10 seconds, 30 second?

I would guess at it being 10 seconds, in the status bar it says Connecting to www.landcruisedclub.com, I then get the time out message. If while waiting I click the 'button' again it normally loads straight away.

All seems okay at the moment though.

My guess is a switch fault between you and the server Paul. You might want to try doing a traceroute and see if that shows any problem hops. Sounds like your suffering from packet loss.

Already tried a tracert John.

Gets all the way to 88.208.255.61 before I get the time outs, I assume that IP is on your network and your box isn't pingable so there's no problems there :thumbup:

During Friday day time I was in a different location using a different provider and the problem was there then too.

All has been fine this evening so, whatever it was, it seems to have sorted its self.

Has anyone else just had problems over the last 30 minutes?

As per email, yup. Everything was dead for me and when it did start working it was very very slow. At the same time, all other sites were fine for me so it was not my connection. My phone though was fine. I could browse the site on my phone and via tapatalk without any issues.

All seems well now though.

Unfortunately, no tracert - ICMP blocked here so report is pretty naff.

Odd that Paul and myself had it at the same time and now it's working for both again....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd guess there's a link fault somewhere downstream, the server itself has been 100% available.

FWIW I've posted a support enquiry with Fasthost in case it's something they're aware of and you could stop worrying about it ;)

The reply is:

We did have an issue this afternoon with dedicated servers.
There was an inbound and outbound traffic loss. It was an issue with our upstream provider and has now been resolved.
Apologies for the incovenience this caused you.

Jon, not sure if they have fixed it yet, very sticky this morning
C:\Users\julian>tracert 88.208.194.18

Tracing route to server88-208-194-18.live-servers.net [88.208.194.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.200
2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 81.145.63.***
3 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 194.75.113.125
4 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms core1-pos0-0-0-3.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [194.72.20
.105]
5 17 ms 15 ms 3 ms core1-xe1-1-0.redbus.ukcore.bt.net [62.6.200.101
]
6 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms linx.bb-c.the.lon.gb.oneandone.net [195.66.224.9
8]
7 106 ms 214 ms 14 ms 88.208.255.61
8 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms 88.208.255.102
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * ^C
C:\Users\julian>

As you can see only gets as far as .102

Its still 'sticky as a sticky thing thats quite sticky' for me, but sporadically. Its fine now but 10 minutes ago it wouldn't do anything... Other internet sites were available...

Gav Peter said:
Its still 'sticky as a sticky thing thats quite sticky' for me, but sporadically. Its fine now but 10 minutes ago it wouldn't do anything... Other internet sites were available...
Same here for the last hour or so Gav, out of interest who is you ISP?

Bat21 said:
Same here for the last hour or so Gav, out of interest who is you ISP?
Its BT at home but I don't know who it is here at the orifice... I would think the same...

After 102 they don't respond to pings is all :)

No stickyness here this morning with Virgin so far and I use the server constantly so I would notice if I lost connection.

Out of interest do you think this could be related to the upgrade that Crispin did a few weeks ago? It has always been slow for me in the office, but it's been quite bad today :(

Back