Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Network Timeout

TonyP said:
Out of interest do you think this could be related to the upgrade that Crispin did a few weeks ago? It has always been slow for me in the office, but it's been quite bad today :(
I doubt it. Somewhere there will be a network fault and we're just waiting for the repair man to finish his cup of tea :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
I doubt it. Somewhere there will be a network fault and we're just waiting for the repair man to finish his cup of tea :mrgreen:

That sounds soooo familear :lol:

Julian said:
Seems better now
I was getting a lot of these earlier :think:
1126074446_mzK9L-O.gif

I don't think it would be a DNS issue if it's this sporadic. Your machine caches DNS lookups for a while so if it worked now, it should work for the next couple of hours without needing a DNS lookup.

Interesting though, work is also on BT and home is Virgin. never had a problem from home but work of late, has been a problem neither has my phone which is Vodafone....

Paul - you getting the download prompt is dodgy. Can you save one and email it to me please. I would hazard a guess at really corrupt request between you and the server. Does it happen while you also having the issues?

Just got back from Chester and all is fine again.

As I have added a static mapping this end it can't (as you say) be a DNS problem.

If I get that prompt again I will save it and mail it to you :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Jon. It does seem to be getting back to normal tonight although I have had 'board unavailable' message up a few times...

All has been fine today from both locations Jon :thumbup:

Back